5

The week went slow for Mary. The only person she saw the whole week was the footmen and George. She got herself dressed and done her own thing. Anna was in London too.

Matthew ,Robert Cora and Edith sit on the train coming back to downtown.

"So when are we having this thing for Mary." Matthew asks

"In 2 months. On her birthday." Cora says

"So it's her birthday in two months" Matthew looks confused.

"Yes" Robert says reading his news paper.

"So why so early for it then" Edith joins in the conversation.

"Well we want to get it picking the band done before we forget." Cora stands up because the training is stopping at their stop.

They got in two cars. Robert and Cora in one and Matthew and Edith in another. The car journey to downtown for Matthew and Edith was silence. They had not a lot in common unlike Mary and Matthew.

When they got back there was no sign of Mary.

"I will go and look in her room" Matthew says while walk upstairs. He opens the door to Mary's room and find Mary sleeping. It is 12.00 ad Mary is still asleep.

"Wake up and beautiful wife" Matthew says and pulls the cover right off the bed. Mary then feels Cold and wakes up. She looks at Matthew who is doing a sheepish smirk.

"Hello to you too" Mary says.

"We are home and you need to get up"

"Fine" Mary gets up finds her clothes. While Matthew and Mary walk downstairs Mary said that it was boring having   no one around. "So what did you do"

"Well as I said Robert, Tom and I went for a meeting and the girls shopped.

"You had a meeting for a full week" Mary jokes

"No we had a meeting on the day we went down and need results so waited for 5 days and then got the result of the 6th day." Matthew says lying.

"Oh. Well your back now" They reach the dining room for lunch.

"So how was your stay in downtown abbey on your own for a week" Robert smirks at Mary.

"I slept. I woke up at 8 as a usually do but am too tired to get up so fall back to sleep unit about 6.00pm. Then have dinner and go back to bed." Mary says and puts a piece of carrot in her mouth.

"Oh" Cora says. They talk about how George is doing and other things that don't interest Tom.

"Let's go on a walk around the ground after lunch. Mary I need to speak to you" Matthew says.

"Yes Matthew I will" Mary agrees and they family eat in silence until everyone is finished. They all leave the table and go their separate way. Mary and Matthew walk out to the garden.