"People Change.."

(important authors note at the end, please read it)

//Aylas as Shailene Woodley .picture on the side or top//

AYLAS POV:

It isn't long before I hear loud running footsteps rushing over to where the scream is heard from. I want to move, I want to help, but with this stupid leg, I'm only able to take some steps before tripping and falling down and now I am sitting on the floor leaning against the bed, in a very weird manner.

I am unable to move and even though I tried getting up with the help of the bed, it had been useless. so I sit there waiting that maybe some one would come. I want to know what happened, it was probably Cassandra. I wonder what happened.

************************

JACKS POV:

As soon as I heard the scream, I just knew it was Cassandra. she had gone to get some blankets for the night and still hasn't returned yet, and that's the reason why I'm currently running over to where I assume the scream came from. Eden is side besides me and it feels like hell, trying to control the anger that's boiling up inside me.

I think about checking up on Ayla as we pass by her room, but I know its useless, considering the fight we had before. she would probably scream at me as soon as she sees my face. I know it was wrong of me just to snap at her like that, but she just wasn't understanding what I was trying to tell her. she was being frustrating and she didn't know that I had a reason to hate Eden. Eden is so not the chirpy type, I wonder how he was able to keep the act in front of Ayla.

Eden comes to a sudden halt, pulling out a leg and making me trip over, my body connecting with the hard tiled floor. Well that's the Eden I remember.

"what's your problem now?" I growl at him. 

"I'll go check her..." he says, ignoring the fact that I want to punch his pretty little face of his, right now, " you should probably go back and check on Ayla, see if everything's alright."

"I don't need to listen to you" I snap at him, taking a step forward before he stops me again.

"Cassandra is my responsibility, not yours, not anyone else's, now go before I make you so" I know he's losing his patience, so I don't argue. I turn around and start walking back from where I came from. I turn round the corner and quickly turn invisible. he didn't really think I would listen to him did he? god knows what he's up to.

I go up to where Eden is. He looks  sideways before walking forward, taking a sharp turn around the corner. Without any second thought, I follow him.

As soon as I turn round the corner, I find Cassandra on the floor, leaning against the wall, her legs in front of her and her face buried in her hands. I could hear the loud sobs escaping her mouth and that's when I think, staying here may be a bad idea.

I watch Eden kneel besides her, one hand on her back and whispers,"Cassie what happened?". in reply she just shakes her head. he gently takes her hands in his and sits in front of her so that both of them are sitting cross legged.

"look at me Cassie, and tell me what happened. when she refuses to meet his eyes, and keeps crying, Eden repeats his words a little more sternly, and that's  when she finally meets his gaze. it looks like I'm watching a movie, in which a brother is trying to calm down his little sister, just after she gets hurt. it all seems so surreal to me. Eden doesn't have feelings, he can never have feelings, he's just not like that.

I take a few steps back, taking in the scene before me.

"S-someone came at the door and just charged at me suddenly with a knife, I don't know why but It s-suddenly r-remembered the time when-"I know that Cassandra is struggling with her words and before she even finishes her sentence, she jumps forward and hugs Eden tightly, crying all over again. Eden hugs her back, and rubs her back, whispering things to her in her ear.

I turned and started walking back. it wasn't my thing to see. He changed, but I cant forgive him for what he did. I stopped at Ayla's door and gave it a light knock. for a moment I thought she wouldn't answer and I thought of going back, but a moment later a soft voice answered, "come in"

I pushed the door and it slowly opened making a loud creaking noise, which made me cringe.

I looked inside and saw Ayla leaning against the bed, her head slightly tilted upwards as if she was staring at the ceiling. "can I sit here for a while?" I asked in a hushed tone. she didn't say anything just patted the space next to her.

for a while we sat in silence but every second the tension kept building up and it started becoming awkward. "can I ask u why you are sitting here?" I question. "I don't know.."she mumbles. once again we fall into silence, I consider going back because I cant stand the awkwardness anymore, but then I think about what I did and I know I need to apologize.

"I'm sorry" we both speak up at the same time, and then look at each other, startled. a chuckle escapes my mouth and we both smile.

Ayla bits her lip, trying to stop the grin forming on her face. Her voice is soft, but seems real loud in the silence, "I'm sorry Jack, I'm the one who asked you to come here, to Italy, and leave your mom behind. Now look at me, I'm the one who's also acting like this, screaming at you.." she looks away, her expression turning serious.

" stop saying its your fault, its mine too and I think both of us know that, I think its better that we leave the past in the past and move on, "

" I guess you're right.." she nods.

I look up at the ceiling, thinking of what to say next,  guess I should tell her why I was being so cranky about the Eden subject, but I'm really not ready for that, it brings too many memories back. " Ayla, Eden and I already know each other, id tell you how and everything but I'm sorry I'm not ready. But ill tell you this, last time I met Eden, he wasn't the type of person with whom you would like to be friends, but it feels like he's changed now.

"people change, don't they?" Ayla speaks in a hushed tone, nodding her head and then finally looking at me.

"I guess they really do..." I trail off.

"there's something you need to know Jack."

"I'm listening.." I tap my fingers on my knee.

she opens her mouth to speak up but is interrupted by the door creaking open. A tired Eden, leans against the door frame holding Cassandras hand. The girls eyes are swollen red, as if she never stopped crying.

"we need to talk!" says Eden. 

___________

whew! yasss m done with another update, hope u guys like it..

 this update had been dedicated to beamingstars, cause thank yew!!! u helped me a lot in editing this chapter.

anyways, the important thing was, yes I changed my cast, go check it out! and guys! I really need u to checkout ' A Hidden Life' its gonna be I good story I think, better than this one XD

don't forget to click that little star on the screen on the way!

Toodles~