New York!

**********

"Ayla, were here!" I hear a voice.
I open my eyes to find Emily besides me.
I rub both my eyes with my hands.
I look outside and see the sun rise.I guess I slept for a long time, it was midnight when we escaped.

"What time is it?" I ask sitting up.
"7:00 in the morning" she tells,"We didn't want those people to find us so we came here."
"Where are we?" I ask.
"We're in New York."

"New York!" I gasp,"Wow, but how?"
"You know that it takes about a couple of hours to come from Toronto to New York."she sighs," We had to make Sure that no one finds us and Since NewYork is huge city, I guessed this would be the safest place."
"OK." I reply.

I look around and notice that I'm still in the car.
"Umm, where are Peter and Christie?" I ask.
"They went to that supermarket and left me with you because you were sleeping."she tells, pointing outside the window," They said they had nothing to eat and they were starving."

Speaking of starving, I
remember that my stomach is empty and I'm extremely hungry. I hope they bring something for us too.

"So Ayla, you didn't tell me why you brought that file."
Emily says, pointing at the file in my hands.
"Actually I'm not in the mood to talk right now and since I suppose that Peter and Christie would also like to know so I'll tell you when they come back."
"Right."

We didn't talk after that, I think Emily is still exhausted. There are dark circles underneath her eyes, and it looks like she hasn't been able to sleep for a long time. I open my mouth to about to ask her when I am interrupted by Peter who just came in,"So the sleepy head finally woke up, eh?" He jokes, while getting inside.

"Ha-ha" I say, sarcastically.
Christie sits at back with us.
"I'm glad your awake." She says," I brought something for you guys to eat."
She gives me a large packet of chips, which I glady take.
"Thanks." I say while munching on the chips," I was starving."
"No problem." She replies.

"I guess we better get going." I hear Peter,"We should start searching for an apartment to live."
He starts the car and hits the road.

"I'm bored." I hear Christie after a couple of minutes.
Really, how can she be bored in a situation like this.
"Really?" I ask.
"Yup."she answers,"Let's talk about you OK?, there's so much I wanna know about you."
I shrug.

"OK then." She continues,"Age?"
"17."
"Me tooo ... Favorite colour?"
"Seriously?"I give her a weird look.
"Yup."
"Magenta."
"Mine's purple ... How did you get caught?"
"They just attacked my house all if a sudden." I sigh.
I feel really bad when I remember the time when we were attacked, it reminds me of my parents.

"Sorry."she says.
"You don't need to apologize, I just remembered my parents."
"You guys were close?" She asks raising an eyebrow.
"Yea." I sigh.
"Lucky."
"Don't you have parents ?" I ask out if nowhere.

"I have." A sad expression fills her face.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
I know she's not telling me something but I don't pressure her into telling me. It feels like she doesn't want to talk about it.

"Anyways, we were talking about you not me."
She says, changing the topic.

We chatted for a while about schools and stuff, when Christie felt sleepy.
Peter and Emily didn't talk much the whole time, probably because Peter was busy driving and didn't wanted to be disturbed, while Emily was reading a magazine.
I lean against the car door and my head rests on the window.
I feel my eye lids close and sleep takes over.

***********

Sorry this chapter is a little short ( cause my cousin was begging me to update, AleenaKhurrum7 :p ).
I hope you like it.
:)
BTW I wasn't able to figure out how to put the cast so if you wanna see the cast , look at the picture on the side or on the top.