ℂℍ1: ℂℍ𝔸ℕ𝔾𝔼𝕊

{𝕁𝕒𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕣 ℙ𝕆𝕍}

Hell is the only way I can describe this place that I find myself in now. It has been this way for a week. If my heart could beat it would have stopped beatin' the moment she turned her back on me. I could feel the broken pieces, like fractured glass inside my chest. I could only keep on thinkin' that same question that has been runnin' in my head since she left, why? Why did she leave me?

Every day since the beginnin' of our relationship she has told me we were meant to be. That we had belonged together. I was utterly and devotedly in love with her. Still that didn't stop her from walkin' away from our marriage after sixty plus years. Hadn't I been enough for her? Not even my promises and pleads to her stopped her from walkin' out the door with her bags. I could still see the looks of pity in everyone's eyes, feel their emotions to this situation.

In my lap laid the final nail in my coffin

In my lap laid the final nail in my coffin. A packet of divorce papers and my ma's weddin' ring tucked inside the envelope. My life, my hope had left me. I was alone in the lands of the Alaskan wilderness, but I felt numb inside as I watched the winter snow storm ragin' just outside the second floor windows. Like the landscape I was just as dead and desolate.

Without Al...her, the flashbacks of my past mistakes were back with the vengeance. I was bein' made to see all the wrongs I'd committed. Their faces, the screams and emotions haunted me. The memories kept comin'. I packed a small duffel bag of my things. I couldn't stay with the Cullen's anymore. I couldn't take anymore of feelin' their pity. I couldn't bare seein' the worry and sympathy in their eyes. I jumped from what use to be my second floor bedroom to the snow covered ground and ran across the landscapes, jumpin' across creek beds into the trees.

I ran for hours before I came to a familiar sight that stopped me in my tracks. Even without me thinkin' of where I was runnin' off to I still somehow found myself standin' in front of the one place I'd wished to never see again. The three-story house stared back teasin'ly at me. I was back in Forks, Washington. Its glass length walls were bein' covered by racin' vines and foliage up its sides. The grass had growin' wild. Graffiti was sprayed on the garage. Everythin' 'bout was beginnin' to be engulfed slowly in the snow of the invadin' winter. Seein' this house brought nothin' but shame and heartbreak. The house stood as a reminder of all that I had lost.

Somehow without knowin' of what I was doin', I found myself pickin' up rocks one after another and flingin' 'em at that house. The sound of glass breakin', walls and sidin' crackin' filled my senses. All I could see was the memories, feel the anger, the pain. I could feel the unshedable venom stingin' my eyes. My teeth were gritted. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. No sound, tears, nothin' came. My throat and eyes burned from the battle. I went to throw another rock when a hand grabbed my wrist. I wrenched myself away and crouched. Even with all the burnin' venom unshed in my eyes and the memories flowin' I would recognize that face. But it was different, and so were her eyes. That hair that use to be dull and lifeless now shined in a dark chocolate mahogany radiance. Her face and skin smooth like a glowin' moon stone. Her eyes a odd amber/orange instead of the familiar chocolate brown I had come to know. Bella Swan was standin' before me not as a weak, clumsy human but as a vampire. The pack of wolves stood behind her. Apparently a lot has changed since I left Forks.

Word count: 667