ℂℍ4: 𝕄𝔼𝔼𝕋 𝕋ℍ𝔼 ℂ𝕃𝔸ℕ

{3𝕣𝕕 ℙ𝕆𝕍}

Bella drove on down the long trek of highway. Thankfully Bella and Jasper didn't need to stop to eat, use the bathroom or sleep. Only time they ever needed to stop was when the trucks tank needed a fill up on gas. She drove on through the day and night in her truck since Jasper's truck had refused to turn over and start. The windows were tinted enough to still provide the cover and protection they needed. The landscapes were quickly changing. The climate that once had been cold and wet gave way to partly sunny skies and warm air. But it soon became hot and mostly sunny, especially when they had finally crossed the border into Texas. They had finally made into the outskirts of Houston when the gas light came on. Bella pulled into a Marathon gas station and pulled up to a pump that sat in partial shade. Lucky for that because the sun was out bright and clear. Being careful to avoid the sun by wearing a hoodie and sunglasses she walked into the building and paid for pump #2. Bella walked out and stuck close to the shade with her hood down over her face and fast pace human walked herself to her truck. Hopping into the truck a little too excitedly. Pulling off the shades she breathed a sigh of relief. "That was a little too close for comfort." Jasper nodded. "Sorry darlin'. I would've got out but I'm in a rather sunny spot. Plus I've got no hoodie and yours can't fit a man like me." Bella just smiled and shook her head. "So, how much further until we reach the Whitlock ranch?" Jasper checked the map he had laid across his lap. "Just fifteen, maybe twenty miles at the most. If you'd prefer I could take the wheel, since I know it just as well." Bella crossed her arms over her chest with a raised eyebrow. "Then why look at a map if you know where it is?" Jasper laughed almost so quietly Bella barely herself heard it. "Because darlin' roads and highways change every time I turn 'round. Don't need us goin' down the wrong turn and endin' up in the middle of Mexico." Bella just nodded. "Okay, but if we get lost I'm blaming you." Jasper just shook his honey blond hair covered head and pulled Bella onto his lap. Bella's unneeded breath got caught in her throat. Jasper just smiled and turned over until she was now sitting in the passenger seat and he sat in the drivers. He revved the truck to life, looked at her one last time, laughing and shaking his head. He pulled away from the pump and back on to the road they went once again.

After fifteen miles passed them by Jasper finally slowed down, pulling the truck down on to what looked to be an old dirt road and into an area covered in a canopy of dense tree cover. That road took them another five or so miles until the truck finally broke through into a immense open field with a large house and what appeared to be a barn in the far back. There was white fencing around the barns perimeter. The house wasn't as large as the old Cullen house back in Forks but it had more of a homey warmth that the other one had lacked. Everything wasn't white. There were rich and deep colors of all sorts. Ranging from a warm and deep rich mahogany wood wrap-around porch and stone pillars holding up the porch roof. There was a soft robins eggshell blue paint job on the house and golden brown roof shingles. The shutters were the same smokey gray. There were flower beds lining the walkway full of marigolds, bluebells and tulips of different colors of sorts. There was some foliage growing up the side of the house, giving it more of a southern fairytale charm. On the front porch stood two people. One stood about six foot two with sandy blond shade of hair. He had a strong jaw and a stance similar to Jasper. Almost army like in a way with his hands clasped behind his back. Beside him stood a girl a bit shorter than Bella but definitely taller than Alice. She had a deeper blond, almost brown color of hair with red highlights cascade here and there. She was lean and more muscular than Alice for certain, but she held a air around her that just radiated calm. Bella looked over at Jasper and saw a sight that she didn't know why but it made her feel warm inside. Jasper was smiling. Not a forced or shy smile. It was a smile that only graces a person's face in the presence of someone they truly feel comfortable around, like family. Jasper was finally home.