Chapter 14

AVERY POV

Waking up on Friday morning was tough. My eyes felt like the were glued together with how much I cried. I got up and showered, trying to make it easier on myself. It was about 7:15 am when I got out of the shower, I barely had enough time to do my make up. Normally I wouldn't put a lot on, but I looked like crap. That was the nicest way to put it. I wanted to stay in bed, but I knew if I did that then I would never get back up.

Honestly, this wasn't all Brett's fault. He told me what he wanted, and I told him what I wanted it. We were both old enough. I had to go to school today, after skipping and missing yesterday, missing three days would be suspicious. I heard a knock at my door. I honestly got scared that it was Brett. I decided not to answer it for the 2 percent chance that it could be him. When I heard someone just walk in after knocking, I knew it was Liam.

"Hey," He said, and held a coffee out to me. I smiled and took it. "I figured you would need it after yesterday and the day before."

"Thank you Liam. I don't know how I would survive without you sometimes." I said, smiling back at him.

"Is Brett going to meet with us, or are we walking alone?" He asked. I haven't told him about Brett yet, and I wasn't going to. Liam had an anger issue, the last thing he needed was to fight his captain for breaking his best friends heart.

"No, we are walking alone." I made a pouty face at him and we walked out of my house. I locked the door and we started walking to school.

"I'm so pumped for this game today, I won't get red carded again. Coach said he only allows two red cards a season, so if I get carded again I'm on the bench for the rest of the season. " Liam said, looking down frowning.

"Well that't motivation for you. Stay out of trouble and just play the game right. You are great at Lacrosse, Liam. You don't need to kick someones ass on the field literally." I stated. He nodded at me.

We arrived at school just as the bell rang. Which I was grateful for. I didn't want to stand around and even have the chance of running into Brett. I groaned as I remembered I sit next to him in American History.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked. I shook my head at him and made up an excuse that I left my phone charger at home. Being the great friend he is, he handed me his. He waved at me and walked away. I made it through my first class fine, but it went by too fast. My second class came around and it was the one I dreaded the most. Maybe he won't show up today. I turned the corner, and walked in the room to find him sitting in his seat. Damn, just my luck. I didn't say a word, I went to my seat and sat down.

During class neither one of us tried to talk to each other. Which was great, to a point. It was really awkward, my phone buzzed. I had a text from Liam.

FROM: LIAM
Is something up with you and Brett? You guys look like you want to hurt each other. (laughing emoji)

I rolled my eyes

TO: LIAM
No, everything is okay. I'm just in a bad mood.

"There is no point in lying to him." Brett told me. I looked at him to see he was looking over my shoulder.

"Its really none of your business. You should learn some manners too, why are you looking at my messages?" I snapped at him. He rolled his eyes and looked at the board without answering my question. My phone buzzed.

FROM: LIAM
Complete bullshit, you almost ripped his head off for a second.

I looked to see where Liam was sitting, he was looked dead at us. I rolled my eyes at him, hoping he would mind his own business now. Now I'm going to have to tell him. Ill wait till after the lacrosse game tonight.