Chapter 3

It is Friday and tonight Brett and I are going on our date. Ahhh I was screaming on the inside. I was so happy not even math spoiled my mood.

"Hey Brett is telling people that you guys are going out tonight?" Liam asked me confused.

"Yeah we are! I don't know where though." I told him.

"Wait, your going out with Brett Talbot?" a noise behind me asked. I turned around and looked at her. She was a little taller than me and had a lacrosse jersey on. It was number 28, the same as Brett's. "As in the lacrosse captain?" I nodded my head at her. She laughed at me, like straight to my face. "I dated my freshman year too, we went strong... for like 3 days. After one date he was on to another girl. You'll be the same, he doesn't stay with girls long. There is a group of us if you want to ask other girls to prove I'm not lying." She said and walked away.

My whole stomach shifted, this was going to be my first date ever! I didn't want it to be with a guy who uses a girls like he uses deodorant. I also really liked Brett, and I didn't want to cancel on him.

"Uh, so what are you going to do?" Asked Liam.

"What do you think I should do?" I wondered.

"How about I talk to him and see what he has to say about it?" Liam said. I just nodded and walked to my other class.

As I entered my other class, I focused really hard but not on the lesson. Did I really still want to do this date even with the information I heard? My gut told me to go with it but my head told me to call it off. My head was the number one thing I listened too, it has always helped me in tough situations when it came to education, but this wasn't education this was a romantic issue. I had no experience with romance at all. Even though it was my freshman year, I was always focused on school and that's what I planned on this year. I want to graduate as the Valedictorian and then go to Duke University to become the amazing surgeon my mom was. I was going to wait to see what Liam heard from Brett, and then make my decision.

LIAM P.O.V.

Avery seemed really upset when the girl went off about Brett. I personally didn't like the fact that my captain wanted to date my best friend, but I didn't like the idea that Avery would be upset if this date didn't happen. I walked into the Lacrosse locker room for my final class, Lacrosse PE. I thought Brett would be here, but he wasn't by his locker like he normally was.

"Hey Jason, do you know where Brett is today?" I asked.

"It's Friday, he usually isn't on time, he will probably be here in 30 minutes though. I like it, he gives me 30 minutes to be in charge," he said. Brett was allowed to show up late, didn't that seem odd to anyone else? Whatever all I was here to do was play Lacrosse and be the best I could be.Practice started and we did the basic passing drills, running around the field, and stretches.

"Hey Captain," Jason said. I turned my head and saw Brett standing there with his Lacrosse gear on.

"Okay guys! I want you guys to split into our positions of defense, midfield, and attackers." He said and we did. Since Brett and I were the only attackers it would be the perfect time to talk to him. I walked over to the net.

"Hey Brett can I ask a question?" I said.

"Sure, but make sure its a legit question about Lacrosse. I am not in a good mood." he said

"Of course, when I am trying to score do I move my hand further up the stick or down?" I asked and he proceeded to explain it to explain it to me. The end of practice came and I never asked him. I showered and walked over to the bus that I rode and saw Avery there. I mentally smacked myself, she was going to ask questions and I had no answer.

"So?" she asked.

"Oh yeah , that girl was lying. Brett is super pumped for your date!" I told her, the biggest smile spread across her face, and that's why I told her that. Because she believe in him. And me.