Chapter 24

AVERY POV

The ride to the Animal Hospital was quite and awkward, but there was nothing to be said between Scott and I. I hated him, for everything he did to Liam. Even though I knew there was probably a reasonable explanation, I didn't care to hear about it.

Walking up to the Animal Hospital made my chest tighten. Was I really ready to face what the world was about to throw in my face. I opened the door and entered the building and heard voices.

"Hold him down!" Stiles yelled

"I'm trying!" Someone else yelled back. I walked into the room the voices were coming from to see two men trying to restrain Brett. Brett looked up and looked me in the eye, his eyes weren't those beautiful blue ones that I had grown to love, there were this yellow color. I gasped which caused the two holding Brett down to look over at me. Brett noticed the distraction and threw the two boys off of him and ran towards me . I screamed in fear of this new Brett that I didn't know the power of. I saw a blur of something out of the corner of my eye, but before I had the chance to turn Brett hit the ground, unconscious. I turned to my side and saw a stranger sitting there with his fist in the air.

"You seem to be a lot stronger," said the other guy who was trying to hold Brett down. The man beside me just shrugged his shoulders.

"Grab him and put him on the table," the man, whom I hadn't noticed before said. I noticed he had a knife in his hand.

"You're not going to cut into him are you?" I asked

"Sweetheart, if I don't he will die," he told me and began moving the scaple towards Brett's chest. I moved forward to stop him, but the man who knocked Brett unconscious held me back. I struggled against him, but I knew it was no use. He just knocked my boyfriend out. When the man cut Brett's chest open, a yellow mist shot into the air and Brett let out a deep breathe.

"There he should live," he said and the man let me go. I rushed over to Brett's side and grabbed his hand.

"What happened to him?" I asked

"He was stabbed and injected with a deadly kind of wolfsbain. He would have died within the hour if I hadn't made the incision. You must be Avery, Liam's friend and his girlfriend." He said

"Oh so you knew about Liam too." I stated and rolled my eyes.

"Oh yes, I knew about Scott before he told me. I am very skilled when it comes to picking out werewolves." He told me

"Can I even have a relationship with Brett? Or a friendship with Liam? How do I know they won't hurt me?" I asked. He was about to answer my question when Brett started talking in his sleep.

"The sun, the moon, the truth, the sun, the moon, the truth..." He said over and over again.

"Three things that cannot long be hidden, we know what pack he belongs too." The man said.

"Satomi's," Derek said.

"Satomi? The old Asian lady that owns the restaurant?" I said.

"How do you know her?" The Vet asked.

"Brett took me to her restaurant on our first date," I said, and looked down at Brett, brushing his hair out of his eyes. The vet just nodded at me.

We all sat in silence waiting for something to happen. Derek set out to find Satomi to let her know that her Beta was hurt, and I sat there with Brett waiting for him to wake up. The vet, whom I learned name was Deaton, came up beside me.

"To answer your question from earlier, yes you can have a relationship with him and a friendship with Liam. They both have control over there transformations. Well maybe not Liam, but he will eventually get it. You just have to understand that it won't be normal. Scott and Liam talk about you a lot and I think you can handle this life as much as Allison did." He told me and walked away. Who was Allison?

Brett awoke and sat up. He looked around the room and then looked at me. He looked down as if he was ashamed about something. He looked up at me again and began to speak.

"Avery, I'm so sorry I –" I cut him off by running into his arms and hugging him.

"I was so scared," I told him honestly. "I thought you were going to die. Here and at the fields. Liam came to me and told me you were in danger and then Violet tried to kill Scott and Deaton cut into your chest and then you started saying the same thing over and over again. I swear this is so weird, but I am so glad that you're okay." I ranted off. He chuckled and hugged me tighter.

"I never wanted you to know what I was. I tried to keep it a secret as long as I could. I guess someone trying to murder me is a decent way for it to come out." He told me.

"Did you know Liam was a werewolf too?" I asked him

"No, I had my suspicions but I wasn't sure." He told me. I hugged him tighter, burying my face into his neck.

"Does all this hugging mean that we are still in a relationship?" He pulled away and asked me

I look him in the eyes, "We are still in a relationship, but you are going to have to explain a lot of things to me, because I don't know how to feel about a lot of this and I just need someone to help me understand. I mean someone tried to kill you. Deaton explained a lot of it to me. Like how you can control your transformations and Liam can't and he said you are a part of Satomi's pack?" I asked, he nodded, and I continued. "He talked about how he knew a lot about werewolves and he said we can have a normal relationship, but honestly. I care too much about you to let you go. So I can suck it up that you're a werewolf and you didn't tell me."

"I care about you a lot too, and I'll explain anything you want to know." He told me and then hugged me again. "You are amazing, you know?" He told me.

"Does this mean I have to roll down the window for you to put your head out of whenever we are in the car together?" I joked. He nodded and pushed me away.

"Like I have never heard that one before! And since I'm the one who usually drives us everywhere I think that would be unsafe!" He said to me, laughing while he said it. I laughed with him, and gave him a brief kiss on the lips.

"I see you two are okay," I turned around to see Liam. He wasn't looking me in the eyes though.

"Yeah we are fine." I snapped at him. Brett grabbed my hand and pulled me to him to where my back was against his chest and his arms were wrapped around my shoulders.

"You are mad at me." He stated.

"No, I'm hurt. You didn't tell me." I said

"Neither did he!" Liam said back

"He hasn't been my best friend for years. We have only been dating for a month!" I yelled back.

"I didn't want you to get hurt Avery. I'm dangerous now, I'm not like Brett. I haven't gained control over my shifts yet and my anger issues just fuel it. You could get seriously hurt around me or you could even die." He said

"You didn't even give the option, you and Scott just seemed to make the decision not to tell. But I have had a long day, so I am going to forgive you for it and just let it be water under the bridge." I told him. He looked up at me and smiled, he walked towards me and gave me a hug. Brett never let go of my shoulders so the hug was awkward. Liam nodded and Brett and walked away.

"You know I still don't like Liam," Brett said. I laughed.

"Try not to piss him off though." I said back

w7E