Chapter 11

AVERY POV

I was still thinking about the Lacrosse game. Who was that woman? And why did she think she had the right to tell me to stay away from him? Brett and I were starting to be okay. We were so okay that I was going to ask him if we were actually dating or if we were just messing around. I know he told Thomas I was his girl, but he could have been just covering for Liam and trying to get that dick off my back. I decided to text Brett.

TO: BRETT
Hey, I need to talk to you about something weird that happened at the game

FROM: BRETT
Hey, what happened?

TO: BRETT
Ill tell you, but can you meet me somewhere

FROM: BRETT
Yeah, I'll meet you at the opening on the woods.

I started walking to the woods, it took me 20 minutes to walk there from my house. By the time I got there, Brett was already there.

"Hey," He said.

"Hi" I said

"Do you wanna walk and talk? We enjoyed the woods last time we were in it?" He asked. I nodded and he held his hand out for me. I smiled and took it, even if we aren't dating this still makes me happy. We walked for about ten minutes before I spoke up.

"What I wanted to talk to you about is this thing. Um, do you remember the woman who helped us on our first date and she was at the game last night?" I asked. He looked up at the sky thinking for a minute.

"Oh yeah, Satomi, why?" He asked

"She came up to me after the game yesterday and told me to stay away from you. That you didn't need anymore drama in your life" I told him honestly. He stopped us.

"What? That doesn't sound like her? Are you sure it was her?" He asked me. I nodded. "Listen I don't know what she was thinking, but please don't listen to her, I don't want you to leave me alone. You have made things better, she's just stressed out."

"Why would she be worried about you? And why would she blame it on me? Did you say something about me?" I asked

"No I didn't, she's a family friend and she helps us out a lot. She probably looked at you as a scape-goat. Don't worry about it babe." He said. When he said babe it remind me of something.

"Another thing, are we dating? Or are we just messing around? Because people ask me these questions and I don't know the answer." I asked.

"Avery, I really do like you and I wanna be with you, but I cant risk it right now." He said. What the hell did he mean by risk it?

"Risk what? Your popularity? Is that what it is? You don't want people to know that we are dating? Are you serious? Screw you Brett!" I yelled at him and walked away. I was crying now, I can't believe him, I thought I meant something to him and he says something like that. I looked around and noticed I had no idea where I was going. I was lost and Brett wasn't coming after me.