Chapter 6

AVERY POV

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed. It was going to be a good day today, not only because of my date last night, but because I had a good night sleep. After Liam left, I immediately passed out, so I got like 10 hours of sleep. I turned my head and saw my clock said it was 10:30 which was early for me to be awake, but I got out of bed anyways. I grabbed my phone and looked at it, it showed I had 2 text messages.

FROM BRETT I had a great time last night, thank you for accompanying me :*

He was so formal, but it still gave me a huge grin, the next message was from Liam.FROM LIAM

Hey we are going for a walk in the famous Beacon Hills Forest, I heard there are wolves lol. Be there in 10 minutes.

That text was delivered 6 minutes ago, so Liam would be here in any minute. I walked up to my room and grabbed skinny jeans, a long sleeved shirt, and the hoodie Brett gave me last night. Plus I added a black beanie, I just finished getting dressed when Liam walked up to my room.

"Hey are you ready?" He asked smiling.

"Yeah I'm ready" I said, he smiled even more and we walked down the stairs. He was giving me a history lesson on Beacon Hills and how they discovered wolves hear about a year ago when people were getting attacked by the wolves. "Why would the wolves attack and come out of the mountain or the forest?" I asked.

"No one knows, specialist even thought it was extremely odd, but the attacks just randomly stopped so they didn't go searching for it." We stopped at the beginning of the wolves and saw a jeep was here.

"I guess other people had the idea to walk in the woods today too." I said

"Yeah let's hope we don't run into them, I don't want to have that awkward eye contact to were you feel the need to explain your self" he said which caused me to laugh. We walked around for 20 minutes in the woods.

"Okay we can leave now" I said.

"Alright, which way did we come in?" Liam asked me. I looked back at him with wide eyes.

"How am I suppose to know?!" I yelled 

"Your suppose to be observant!" He said

"Okay so we are lost," I said, stating the obvious. "Let's just keep on walking until we see something, these woods have to end," I said. We continued walking for about a half an hour until we came onto a burnt house.

"Oh sweet man, what happened here?" Liam said.

"I don't know, but I don't like it, let's leave." I said.

"Your no fun," Liam said as we walked away. we were about 10 yards away from the house when we heard voices, they were coming from the direction of the house. Me and Liam turned around and saw 4 people at the house.

"That's Scott McCall from Beacon Hills Lacrosse, the kids amazing," Liam said. I shushed him and we listened to what they were saying.

"Derek, we don't know what's going on with the dead pool, we don't even know who created it." Scott said, dead pool?

"That doesn't matter, but someone wants all the super natural people in Beacon Hills dead, and in case you haven't noticed, that's all of us! And a bunch of other names I haven't heard of! " the guy, who was called Derek yelled.

"Yeah I agree with Derek here, this is really bad." Another guy said.

"Shut up Peter," the boy next to Scott said.

"I'm just saying Stiles, there are pretty high prices for people on this list and we don't know half of these people and they live in the same town as us. Plus we only have one of the three list." Peter said.

"Yeah but may-" he was cut off by Liam sneezing.

I looked over and Liam and glared. We were so dead. I turned back to look at the scene to see if they noticed and the guy named Derek was in my face.

"Hello, can I help you with anything?" He asked in the sarcastic way to were you know your screwed.

"Umm, yeah, uh ya see, we are a bit lost." I said.

"Where did you enter at?" He asked.

"Well if I knew that, then I wouldn't be lost now would I?" I snapped at him.

"Do you have any bags or anything on you?" He asked. What are you going to do? Rob me? I thought. I shook my head.

"Was there a jeep at your entrance?" Stiles asked. I nodded at him.

"Okay we will show you back." Scott McCall said. I nodded and helped Liam up. On our way to Scott when Derek and Scott passed each other Derek whispered something to Scott. I swore he said I smelled like a wolf. Scott nodded and started showing us the way back.

"So do you guys come in the woods a lot?" Stiles asked

"Uh no this is the first time," I said

"Do you go to Beacon Hills?" Scott said

"No we go to Devenford Prep," Liam answered for me.

"Oh cool, we face you guys in lacrosse on Thursday!" Stiles said, the boys got into an discussion about lacrosse, I just zoned them out. Within ten minutes we arrived at the jeep where we entered.

"That was fast" I mumbled.

"So you going to be at the game?" Scott asked me.

"Yeah I'll be supporting Liam and my boy-" I stopped myself.

"Boyfriend?" Scott finished for me.

"No we aren't dating, were something" I said mocking Brett's words to me the day before.

"Okay we'll see you guys Thursday!" They got into the jeep and left as we walked back towards my house.