You...

5 weeks later....

Peridots POV-
Lapis and I have become pretty good friends, ever since I cut her face open the first day we met. We joke around about it all the time and she teases me. A lot... I get flustered and embarrassed about it and we have a good laugh about.
She's introduced me to a few of her friends such as Amethyst, Garnet, Ruby and sapphire and, ugh...Pearl... Her girlfriend...
Ew.
I don't like saying that. Pearl and lapis... Together...
N-not that I'm against lesbians or gays! O-or bisexuals o-or anything! But I just can't fix this feeling of, wrath? Envy?
Ugh.. I'm gonna go on a walk.
I put on my shoes and grabbed my keys, then left my house.
The thought of them together makes my body shrivel up and cringe and hurt.
"It's not logical!" I shake my head throwing my hands out in front of me.
"What's not logical?"
"GAHH!" I yelped as I fell onto the ground.
I look up at..?
"Oh! Hi, Lapis you scared me there." I said standing up brushing myself off.
"Oh! Sorry!" Lapis giggled.
"It's fine. So uhh whatcha doing out here?" I asked scratching the back of my neck continuing to walk with lapis.
"I needed a break from home. My parents aren't big supporters of "my life choices" or whatever." Lapis said looking down at the ground in disgust.
"I get that, my mom was the same with me, and to that I say, fuck em." I said hoping to cheer lapis up.
"Hehe.. Yea! Fuck em!" Lapis chuckled with a half hearted smile.
"So what are you doing here?" Lapis asked.

Well funny story actually, you were in my head and I couldn't stop thinking about you and your dumb girlfriend which made me feel like my head was about to explode because I dislike Pearls existence, and you're kind of perfect and she's not.

"Wanted to get some stuff off my mind. I was talking to myself, I do that sometimes." I said only telling half the truth.
"Wanna talk about it?" Lapis asked.
"Maybe some other day."
Never.
"So where were you headed?" Lapis asked.
"To be honest, I don't really know." I shrug. "Well why don't you come to the beach with me?" Lapis asked.
I got nothing else to do.

"Sure." I said flatly.

The rest of the walk was silent, with some small chatter about stories and small talk.
~~
We got to the beach finally but the entire time we walking I had the stupid question and it's been driving me crazy.
"How long have you and Pearl been dating for?" I blurted out without thinking.
Lapis thought for a second.
"About 2 years now."
"Whoa..." I said in shock.
"How is it? Like being in a long time relationship."
You're prying. Stop.

"It's good. you learn to trust each other and love each other... Pearl and I have had our ups and downs but we work them out." Lapis said as she watched the waves washing up on the beach.
"What we're the ups and downs?" I asked.
"Drugs... And cheating but she swore on my life she was done and she would never do it again." Lapis said clenching her fist.
"Hmm.. I don't mean to be rude but from what my... 'Friends' told me. Once a cheater always a cheater." I mumbled.
"Really?" Lapis said coldly.
"I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just being real with you and I don't know how relationships work I just pass on good advice." I trail off.
"You've never been in a relationship?" Lapis said as she tried to wipe the smile off her face.
I felt my face heat up and quickly covered my face with my hands.
"Shut up!" I hissed.
"Peridot! It's adorable, not a bad thing!" Lapis giggled.
"Then why are you laughing?" I said coldly.
"I think it's sweet." Lapis smiled as a light blush spread across her face.
AHHHHHHHH!!!
"Sooo... Have you ever had your first kiss?!" Lapis asked pulling my hands away.
"No..." I muttered.
"Aww!! Peri!!" Lapis giggled.
"Alright! I get it! I'm a loser!" I hissed.
Lapis stopped dead in her tracks and quickly turned to me and grabbed my shoulders, closing the space between us.

I think I'm gonna die... She's so pretty.

The sunset reflected off the side of her face and her hair blew lightly in the wind, there was a warm glow reflecting on us. She gave a half hearted smile and sighed.
"Peridot, I don't think you're a loser. I wish I had your innocence."
There was a pause as lapis looked down at the ground and bit her lip. I gulped loudly, my mouth felt like a desert it was so dry and my heart began to pump so hard it felt like it was gonna explode.
Is it just me or is the gap between us... closing?
"Maybe I can set you up on a date!" Lapis exclaimed!
Definitely just me...
"Oh nononono." I protested.
"Garnet is single! I'll ask Pearl for her number. Lowkey they use to date." Lapis said pulling her phone out of her pocket.
"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!! Stop! I don't like Garnet like that.. I hardly even know her. Plus I think I'm interested in someone else." I stammered. Lapis smiled widely as her eyes widened.

Oh fuck... what have I done?

"WHO IS IT?!" Lapis yelled excitedly.
"Uhh... Errrr... I-it doesn't matter. And it won't ever matter- Hey it's kinda late why don't you come stay over at my house? Seeing you need a break and s-stuff from home." I said pushing my glasses up on the ridge of my nose, looking around to avoid the topic.
There was a pause, Lapis looked a little taken back by the offer but then a small smile spread across her face.
"Are you sure?" Lapis asked
"Of course, I basically live alone so some company wouldn't be a problem at all." I smile softly.
Lapis quickly pulled me into a tight hug. I swore I felt my heart stop. I hugged her back and I caught scent of her, she smelled sweet like strawberries and coconut. She pulled away after a few seconds.
"Thank you." She whispered.
~~
As we were walking I got lost in thought about Pearl cheating on lapis and just the thought of it made me so angry. I felt sick to my stomach. Lapis is beautiful and she's been through a lot. I'd be the luckiest girl in the world to have her... Wait what?
"Hey brat!" I heard a raspy voice from the other side of the street.
I recognize that voice.
Shit! Hide!" I whispered grabbing lapis and pulling her into the bushes.
"What the hel-"
"Shh!" I put my hand over her mouth.
"Where is my delivery?" The raspy voice asked again.
"Right here.. Jasper."
Lapis's eyes widened when she heard that voice.
"Pearl?" Lapis whispered with a concerned look on her face.
Lapis and I continued to listen, a large grin grew on Jaspers face.
"That's a fuck tone of molly." Jasper chuckled lowly.
"Pay up. I can only be out here for so long, I don't want lapis seeing me out here." Pearl murmured.
"Whatever.." Jasper growled tossing a roll of money at Pearl, Pearl quickly caught it and ran off.
"one more thing jasp.. Don't tell lapis about this. I swore to her I didn't do this stuff anymore, it would break her." Pearl said keeping her head down.
"Keep me happy then we won't have a problem."
Pearl nodded and walked off.
Jasper's here?! She was my-
I heard a sniffle beside me, then quite sobs. "Oh no Lapis, I'm sorry." I said pulling her up out of the bushes.
Lapis started to tear up, I put my hand on her back and she froze as she held her breath.
"She's been lying this whole time?" She choked out. Lapis then broke down and crashed into my side. I tried my best to comfort her, I didn't say anything because I didn't know what to say.
We sat there for about 20 minutes, lapis never let go of me and she kept crying.
Its really dark out...
"I'll just carry you.." I said, I then stood up and offered a piggy back.
"Hop on." I laughed.
Lapis gave a small laugh through the sobs and hopped on my back. The rest of the way back was quite, and I think when the sniffles stopped, I heard a small snore. I carried her back to my house like this,
which was 2 blocks away might I add..
But luckily for me lapis was pretty light so it wasn't super hard.
~~
I got home and opened up the door shut it lightly behind me.
"Sorry.. I fell asleep." Laps said softly.
Didn't mean to wake her.
"It's alright." I smiled as I put her down gently.
There was a thick awkward silence in the room, lapis looked around with her eyes, searching for something to say.
"This is the neatest I've ever left my house." I joked trying to make lapis happy.
She faked a smile, I could tell.
"C'mon, I'll show you to your room."
I took her upstairs and into my room.
"Want anything to drink?" I asked.
Lapis nodded her head.
"Okay."
I got her a glass of water with ice and I slowly handed it to her.
"Thanks." Lapis said clearing her throat.
"No problem." Smiled.
At least I'm here for her.
--------------------------------------------------------
I love writing this even tho it's bad...
Leave a vote and comment if you enjoyed! Until next time... Goodbye my friends 💙💚💙💚