Friendzone.

Peridots POV-
Those words shot through my heart like a cold blade, my throat tightened up as my eyes watered a little bit but I shook it off.
How'd I get my self into this?! I'm in the fucking friendzone! The place of no turning back, it takes shear luck to get out of there, but me? I have no luck. The last time I had luck was... Wassss... Never!!
For fuck sake how do I mange to do this shit to myself? I'm smart but I guess I'm dumb as well I don't even know how the fuck that works.. GAHHH!! Lapis lazuli you sure know how to play my emotions like a fiddle, we walked out of the bathroom and I said goodnight to her. As I turned to walk away she grabbed my wrist and pulled me lightly towards her. "Uhh peri?" Lapis asked. "Yes?" I said hoping she would just kiss me and I'd sweep her off her feet. "I'm still a little shaken about.. The incident earlier.. C-can I sleep with. Uhh. You?" Lapis said hanging her head. "Sure." I said.
First you friendzone me now you wanna sleep with me? I mean she did almost get raped and killed. We went into my room and I pulled the sheets down, patted for lapis to lay down beside me and she did. I pulled the sheets back up over us and lapis curled into a ball, and clung onto a pillow. I turned off the light then snuggled into bed. "So comfy." I joked. Lapis laughed a little bit then rolled over to face me. "I wonder who that person was who saved me." Lapis said. "Well thank goodness for them." I said blushing but it was covered with darkness. "Huh... Well.. Good night peri." Lapis said drifting off to sleep. "Goodnight lapis." I said. But for whatever reason my eyes didn't want to shut, my brain wanted to keep going so fuck it why not. My mind was glued to lapis, and how much I hated this friendzone shit, like why of all people in the world.. That's 7 billion people.. Why her? Is it to torture me? Is it mind games? Is it love? Or is it all of the above? It stings so much, and not in a good way. The more I think about this, the more it hurts my throat started to tightened as my eyes watered but I didn't let it stop this time. The tears slowly slid down my face and onto my pillow. "Fuck.." I whispered to myself. I clenched the sheets as I squeezed my eyelids tightly, trying to stop this burning sensation but I failed. I rolled over then looked out the window as I watched the stars above and the bright moon shinned a perfect white, into the dark, dark night. It was calm as I heard crickets creak and a light breeze blow in from time to time again, I let out a small yawn as I slowly drifted off to sleep but right before I could lapis's arm swung around and puller me into her. I mean I just have to accept the fact that my crush won't like me back and yet will sleep with me and cuddle me.. How hard could it be?
3 days later...
Lapis's POV-
Peri has been acting really strange lately. She's been more grumpy, she's been ignoring me, she's becoming clumsy and it looks like she's lost an awful lot of sleep too. I hate seeing her like this, I've also developed feelings for her.. I mean just a little because I live with her and stuff, like how weird would it be that we live together. We end up dating and then one day we break up, I'd have no where to go so as much as I want to date her I think she's off limits.
Sadly....
But hey there's other peeps out there, like garnet, amethyst an- oh who am I kidding! I like peri. But I continue to friendzone myself and her so what do I do? Talk to her!
Couldn't hurt I guess.. I began my search for peri, it wasn't that hard seeing that she was in the basement doing some form of yoga. I gently knocked on the wooden stairs. "Hi." I said. Peridot froze for about three seconds and opened her eyes to look at me but she closed them so she could finish her lil yoga exercise thing. She exhaled slowly and deeply then replied. "Hello." Peridot said as she turned her back to do something with her prosthetic arm. "Whatcha doing?" I asked sheepishly. "Some win Chung." Peridot said taking a sip of water. "What's that?" I asked. Seriously what is that? "It's a martial art but slowed down to the speed of a snail." Peridot said walking over to me. "Cool.. That's why you kick butt." I said making karate blades with my hands and flinging my arms around like a maniac. Peridot let out a quick laugh, then stopped almost instantly. "So what are you doing?" She asked as she walked up the stairs. "Nothing.. Just snooping around the house." I said in a jokingly matter. "Nice." Peridot said in a mono tone.
Peridots POV-
Why must she follow me around like a puppy dog? I'm trying to distance myself here and here she is clinging onto me like a leech. I need some salt.. The one time I need salt pearls not here. "Hey uh peri?" Lapis interrupted my thoughts. "Yes lapis?" I said a little bit coldly. Oops. I looked at lapis and saw hurt as she frowned. "Uhh.. Ok. What I was gonna say was are you okay? You seem a little off lately." Lapis said as she crossed her arms and looked at the floor. I took a deep breath in through my nose then huffed. "I'm fine." I fake smiled. "Peri please don't lie to me, if there's something wrong? Did I do something?" Lapis started to raise her voice. "No-" "Then why are you shutting me out?!" Lapis yelled. Tears built in my eyes but I clenched my teeth and my eyes shut.
Please lapis.. Stop..
----------------------------------------------