o n e

I gazed at the rumbling thunder flashing an occasional lightning bolt, keeping me in awe. Ominous clouds passed by, hiding and revealing a round, silver full moon. I love storms. Especially the raging ones. This one, however, had to progress a little bit further to please me completely. The view from the cliff is spectacular, all of the Beacon Hills' lights and sparkles are visible below. I would be able to fully relax if I would be here alone. Alas, I'm not. Scott is sitting on my brother's jeep lid, admiring storm just like I do, while Stiles had map placed on the lid and constantly ranted something about apartments and universities.

"C'mon, guys! Am I really going to spend the last day of summer chained to the tree?" I almost forgot Liam, who's desperately pleading for a release. He's literally chained to a tree due to the full moon in the sky.

As for me, all this time I stood next to him, trying to keep his attention from getting aggressive and other werewolf emotions.

I looked at the two seniors with a hope that they will release my best friend, because I started to feel uneasy.

"Hey! We're trying to get an adult conversation over here." Stiles answered, not even thinking about letting him go.

"Then act like adults!" I whined, hoping that they will eventually give up.

"I'm fine. Just let me go." Liam tried to shift his position, causing chains to shuffle.

They started to approach us, getting my hopes up a little.

"It's not that we don't trust you..." Scott mused, eyeing his Beta with an apologetic look.

"It's that I don't trust you." Stiles intervened, raising his eyebrows playfully and making me roll my eyes.

"I trust him, Stiles. And I know you trust me." I purred, clasping my arms together, creating an innocent look.

"But the last full moon..." Scott mused, starting to unlock chains surrounding Liam.

"It was one slip up." I stood up for my friend, hoping that Stiles won't bring up that embarrassing incident.

"Slip up? A dozen calls from the Sheriff's Department about a "monstrous dog-boy" running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked. Not to mention that you bumped into Silvie when she was heading home from Lydia's late at night." Of course, being an idiot that my brother is, he had to mention it. It caused me to facepalm with my cheeks gaining a light shade of pink.

Scott raised his head from the locks and looked straight at Liam. "Why were you naked anyway?"

Poor Liam furrowed his eyebrows in frustration and shrugged his restrained shoulders. "It was really hot that night, okay? Let me go."

"You sure you're okay?" Scott asked, prying his Beta with deep brown eyes.

"It won't happen again." Liam assured, still looking desperate.

"You're in complete and total control?"

"Yeah. Complete and total."

The two best friends removed the chains completely and after putting them into the bag they headed to the jeep, waiting for us.

As soon as they got into the blue vehicle, I dropped the whining act and looked at Liam.

"You sure you can handle it?" I asked with a worry evident in my voice as I took his palms and clammed them open, for they were balled into tight fists.

A few drops of blood dripped out of each palm because Liam's claws were out, slicing his flesh.

I sighed anxiously and stroked his forearm assuredly. "Just hang on a little more." He looked down and nodded slightly. "Let's go."