e l e v e n

"We should take you to the hospital. You took in a lot of smoke." Theo noted while thoroughly examining minor scratches on my cheeks.

"I'm fine." I muttered, feeling extreme odium cursing through me, for someone has stolen the corpse. Again.

Suddenly, the scanner that Stiles had Theo to set up in his Toyota Tundra dispatched a message. "Suspect in 1-8-7 is in custody and en route to station. Suspect's name is Yukimura, Kira."

I frowned while trying to comprehend the fact that Kira is under arrest for a completely unknown reason.

"What's a 1-8-7?" Theo asked, obviously alerted by the situation as well.

"Homicide." I whispered, not being able to produce a reasonable scenario of what could've happened.

~

We had recently arrived at Scott's house and conversed with Stiles and Malia, while Lydia and Mason were upstairs with Corey, watching him read a Dread Doctors book, in hopes of him remembering something that these wretched pharmacists had done to him.

Situation with Kira is a lot more complex than I had anticipated. Apparently, Dread Doctors had done something to Kira too, because she had a loss of memory and only woke up when Deputy Clark found her sauntering in the middle of the road 115. 

Somehow, another Chimera had appeared to be stabbed with nothing other but Kira's katana in Scott's kitchen, making the Kitsune appear as the main suspect. Of course, the first thing Melissa did was call my dad, but the latter acted like a complete asshole and called the remaining cops.

Of course, Stiles freaked out about the fact that I was in Theo's car when it was flipped over, making me lose my consciousness. I barely managed to calm him down and barely stopped him from throwing Theo suspicious glances.

But that's not the worst. The most catastrophic fact is that all of us completely failed at our tasks. We lost Liam and Hayden, the Dread Doctors took them, and no one knows where. These wicked scientists somehow made all of those who were at the school experience terrifying hallucinations, this way getting to Liam and Hayden.

Suddenly, Scott stormed through the door, looking dangerously determined.

"Hey, is Kira okay?" Stiles asked, but his best friend ignored him and made his way upstairs.

"Scott?" Theo muttered trying to get Alpha's attention, to no avail.

Scott made his way to his room and the next thing we heard was Lydia shortly shrieking. When we got up there, we saw Scott standing in front of Corey while his claws were piercing the back of his neck.

He's trying to access the deepest parts of his mind.

I gasped insensibly at the fact that this mean of getting in one's mind is extremely dangerous. Could result in mental disorganization and such.

"Don't get too close." Lydia warned when our eyes settled upon the two of them.

"What is he doing?" Theo asked, looking distraught.

"Tapping into Corey's memories." Banshee answered. "It's usually something only Alphas do."

Silent amazement gradually took over Theo's features while he stepped to the side and closer to them, getting a better look of the act. "Is it as dangerous as it looks?"

"Probably more." Stiles answered, slight worry rolling off his tongue.

"Does anyone know if it's working?" Mason asked.

I glanced at Scott and Corey. Both of them had their eyes closed, appearing to be in deep concentration as both of their lips slightly vibrated, as well as their eyelids.