t w e n t y f i v e

I realized I'm slowly getting my consciousness back when I could hear the peaceful humming of the fluorescent hospital lights. The next thing I could comprehend was that I'm indeed in a hospital.

My eyelids tore open and the sight was wobbly, everything doubled and I couldn't discern anything properly. I squeezed my eyes again before opening them, this time seeing Theo sitting beside the bed, regarding me tranquilly.

"Theo..." I muttered, trying to shake off the last bits of sleepiness.

"Hey," he greeted me quietly, giving me a small smile.

"What happened? Is everyone okay?" I tried to sit up but lay back involuntarily once I felt my head ache severely.

I groaned in pain and was deprived of the gift of speech, because the pain was just so unbearable. "God..."

I felt a tear tumble down my cheek as my head was pounding and I closed my eyes, not wanting to see Theo's reaction when I'm being such a crybaby again.

I flinched lightly when I felt his lips touch mine, the pain gradually leaving my head. I opened my eyes as he was reclining back and managed to see the last bits of black streaks that ran on Theo's face.

He took away my pain in the sweetest way possible.

"Yes, everyone's fine. Lydia's alright now." he answered my question, analyzing my face with softness on his features.

"What time is it?"

He checked his phone before looking back at me. "Almost 4 a.m."

"Have you been here all this time??" I yelped, feeling guilty.

"Of course. The hospital wasn't exactly what I meant when I said I'll see you tonight, but I guess we have no choice now."

I sighed, letting a small smile get its way on my lips. "I guess we don't."

For some time we just regarded each other, no words – and that was enough. I felt so comfortable with him just being here, not speaking. It was enough to simply know that he's here for me.

"You know, I wonder how many times I'll have to hurt you for you to finally hate me." Theo muttered, his argent eyes never leaving mine.

I bit my lip, trying to suppress a desperate, poignant smile. "I think there's no such number."

"I won't lie and say that everything's okay between us now. I am the way I am and I know that my actions don't really apply to your code of morale –"

"Theo—"

"Please, hear what I have to say. I hurt your friends before and yes, I admit I wanted things for myself. But there you were, and you just – disrupted my plans. That is, I didn't plan on falling in love with you. I didn't even think it was possible for a person like me."

Tears flowed down my cheeks once again, but this time of sheer happiness and love.

He loves me, he really does.

"If I could properly sit down, I would hug you really hard." I said, making him giggle.

"I'll do it for you." he said before gently hugging me, his face buried in the crook of my neck.

I weaved my hands around his neck and genuinely wanted for this moment to last forever.

"There are still things I have to do about this whole ordeal. You'll decide if you still want to be with me after all this is over."

Theo spoke seriously, with determination in his eyes. He wants to be with me and I with him, and even though I sensed that I certainly won't like these things, I have to give him a shot. One last shot.