t w e n t y s e v e n

"Our dad's got an APB out..." Stiles spoke as I heard steps coming down the stairs.

Last night, I didn't go home and sleep soundly. Instead, dad, Lydia and I went to stop Parrish from leaving the town. He was adamant that if he'd stay, lots of people would die, but we managed to convince him otherwise. If he left and didn't help us with fighting the Beast, then for sure lots of people would die.

Only then I went home and slept for, like, 3 hours maybe?

"For a 5'8" 16 year-old?" Kira asked.

"I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf." Stiles explained with his usual spice of wit.

"It still might not be him." Liam stated with hopes that his best friend is not a murderous demon wolf, but deep down we all knew the truth. "But, Hayden's at the school looking."

"I can keep checking the woods." Malia pointed out.

"My mom can check all the hospitals in the county." Scott added, revealing himself. "We can find him."

"What happens then?" asked Liam, still worried.

"We figure out a way to save him."

"Okay. Where else could we look?" Lydia asked, determined to find our friend.

"Let's ask Corey." said Scott, making us all frown because Corey wasn't here, but before anyone could say anything, the Alpha snapped his head towards the cupboard and grabbed something in the air, what later appeared to be fully visible Corey's sweater collar.

"Wait, wait! I-It's not my fault." The Chimera stammered. "They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him –"

"WHO?" Scott interrupted.

"...The Dread Doctors."

~

I was sure I'm going to lose my mind, this time for sure. I wanted to pull my hair out of desperation, out of the fact that with everything that's going on we still have to go to school. Not that I don't want to, but it's so impossibly hard to act this still and calm when with every passing second Mason's life is becoming more at stake.

I was making my way towards the classroom when I spotted Liam and Scott, heading somewhere as well. They looked in kind of a rush – they're probably planning something. Well, I hope they won't mind if I'll join them in the locker room, because anyway, there's nothing they must hide from me anymore.

Whoa, that sounds creepy.

"Hey guys, what are you –" I stopped in my tracks realizing that they're not alone.

Tracy and Theo are also here.

"Oh..." I croaked out, trying to figure out what to say next.

"Silvie," Scott called, kinda fidgety. "Good for you to find us."

I don't know why, but I felt really uneasy. Maybe it's just Tracy's shitty aura affecting me.

"Sorry, I can—"

"Stay." Theo spoke, transfixing me with his ashen eyes.

Tracy scoffed, clearly discontent, making me glare at her.

"We know you're not on our side, Theo." Scott stated. "You said you wanted to help Lydia, but you left Eichen with something else, did you?"

I had no idea what Scott was talking about, thus I carefully glanced at Theo.

"You mean the mask?" Theo narrowed his eyes, not losing his cool. "Are you worried about that?"

"Did you put it on?"