t e n

"Do you know him?" Theo asked Scott, who looked at Josh's corpse with a sad expression.

"His name's Josh. He's a junior."

I paid a glance to Theo making him return one to me.

"Which one did it?" asked Scott with a dash of determination on his face. "The one with the cane?"

I looked at Theo once again, who didn't hesitate before answering. "Yeah."

"What are we gonna do with him?" I asked, stroking my sore shoulder. "We can't just set the alarm and leave, that's how Tracy disappeared." That was a failed attempt of finding out who takes the bodies... "Someone's gotta stay here with him."

Theo sighed before answering. "I'll do it." I shot him a glance because I was not expecting that he will volunteer. "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned."

All of a sudden, Scott's phone buzzed, contorting his face into a reflection of pure anxiety and shock.

"What is it?" I asked with my voice gradually lacing with worry.

"Another one. Another Chimera."

"Who is it this time?" Theo asked, lightly knitting his eyebrows out of curiosity.

"It's Hayden." Scott answered after giving a moment of silence.

I nearly choked on my own saliva. It's not that I hate that girl, but she already seems troublesome to me, not to mention that we just found out that she's one of these deadly forces.

Scott stormed through the door, calling me over. I made my way towards him but was dragged back by Theo grabbing my arm.

"Careful."

"I know."

~

"Hayden? It's Scott." Scott spoke after he knocked a few times on the door of his own bathroom. "I know that you are scared, but we just want to help."

Apparently, Liam did some glow stick trick on her back in the Sinema, which revealed her eyes to be shady and glassy, meaning she's a Chimera.

I scoffed, feeling the irritation nagging me from inside. Stiles shot me a confused glare. "What?" I muttered but got no answer when he turned his head back to the bathroom door.

When Scott got no answer from Hayden, he turned back to Liam. "I can hear her heart beating, she's really freaked out. What exactly happened?"

Liam shrugged his shoulders in a jittery manner. "She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" Stiles asked, furrowing his brows while I glared at the bathroom door.

"I don't know..."

"She's definitely a Chimera?" I asked, letting the doubt lace my voice.

Liam nodded. "She said she heard a voice saying 'your condition improves'."

Scott paid us all a glance.

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles murmured right before he approached the door and knocked on it lightly. "Hayden? This is Stiles. Your sister works for my dad down at the station—"

"Our dad." I interrupted Stiles so Hayden could hear that I'm also here. "Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us." I mentally scolded myself for being so rude to her at this current situation, but I can't help it. The whole hallucination a couple hours prior got me off my tracks completely.

When there was silence once again, Stiles switched places with Scott. "We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden." The latter murmured, really hoping that she would open the goddamn door. "And that kind of thing is usually better face-to-face."