t h r e e

Just as Theo took a step forwards us, Liam did so too, growling threateningly at him. I attempted to take a step to the side because I could see nothing through the protective stance of Liam, but he pushed me behind him with a single motion of his hand. Stiles grabbed his other forearm, trying to calm him down.

"Whoa..." Theo breathed, smirk creeping up his face while he lifted up his arms in a surrendering way. "Why do I get the feeling this kid's tougher than he looks?"

"Only when we let him off his leash." Stiles answered taking a step to face Theo.

"Stiles, we were in Little League together." Theo began, dropping his hands to the sides while his eyebrows knitted together. "Why are you so suspicious of me?"

For a few seconds my brother just stared at Theo and I hoped he won't take out these signature papers. I'd rather him to make up some excuse and get out of this forest as quick as possible, but Stiles wouldn't be Stiles then.

"Because of these." And of course, he took out the papers from his pocket and handed them to Theo.

I sighed crossing my arms together and looking away.

"One's a speeding ticket signed by your dad eight years ago." Stiles spoke as Theo unclasped the two papers. "The other one's a signature on a transfer form to Beacon High. They're different."

"Huh." Theo mused while staring down at the papers, comparing them. "Yeah, they do look a little different." He admitted with a slight smile on his face, eyes back to Stiles.

"No, they're totally different." My brother ranted raising both of his eyebrows while I sighed once again and mingled in place, feeling guilty. "Signed by two different people."

"So my dad's not my dad?" Theo asked with a wide smile showing his straight teeth. "Like he's an imposter?"

"Yeah, something like that." Liam mumbled with a hostile look on his face.

"Who do you think I am?" Theo asked sounding sincere while he bended the papers back together.

"We don't know yet." Stiles answered feeling confident and showing it to his former friend.

"Want me to give you a DNA sample or something?" Theo asked once again flashing his half smile, making me slightly swoon.

I knew it isn't appropriate in this kind of situation, but I couldn't help myself. There isn't a single person that utterly understands me, not even my closest friends. Yes, they help me a lot by being close, but they can't truly understand what I feel; the guilt, anxiety and fear that often pay their visits to me...

"No." My brother cut off. "I don't have anything from fourth grade to match it to."

Silence took over while Theo faced Stiles who's completely serious about everything, and it seemed to sadden and confuse Theo in some way.

"You know, Stiles, I didn't come back here just for Scott." Theo started to speak again after he lifted his eyes from the papers. "I came back here for your sister." In that mere moment he paid a glance to me, making me lift my eyes from the ground at the mention of my name.

Stiles shifted in place with a furrow of his brows but Theo continued before my brother could do or say something. "I also came back for you. Someone like you. Someone who's willing to walk into the woods in the middle of the night to protect his friends."

Liam and I glanced carefully at Stiles to see perplexity evident on his features.

"I don't have anyone like that, but Scott does." He looked at Liam and me with disheartened eyes. "You all do." These words made my heart flutter once again and made me want to engulf Theo in a gripping hug.