t w e n t y n i n e

Sebastien was proudly marching through the tunnels while I tried to keep up with him. Of course, there were countless times when I thought about running back, but after that syringe fail I knew better than to cross him, especially when he's like, gazillion times faster than me.

I just wonder when Theo is going to take his chance and steal the Beast's power.

The ending is so close; I can literally feel it in my bones. Bad or good, it will arrive either way.

Suddenly, Sebastien came to a halt and so did I, staring at him in anticipation. He slowly turned his head to look somewhere behind him and at first I thought that it's me, but his eyes scanned far beyond my frame, somewhere deep in the dark of the tunnels.

"Move, now." he ordered, making me scowl.

I turned around to see why he's saying that, but I saw nothing.

I almost complained to him that I'm useless to him now when I heard something. There were definitely steps and... growling. Sebastien turned around fully, his orbs glowing this mad neon blue and I realized what's charging full speed behind me.

I didn't waste my precious time anymore and turn around; instead, I fell to the ground somewhere further behind Sebastien when the latter transformed to the hulking demon beast.

Immediately after that, fiery body clashed into the Beast.

Parrish!

Alright, either I'm going to get my ass out of here or I'm going to be the casualty of their... miscommunication.

I yelped and started crawling away from the two of them when I heard a scream, definitely belonging to Lydia. Carefully, not to draw any unnecessary attention, I stood up and started sprinting towards the source of the sound, hoping that I won't get lost in these labyrinths.

The Beast growled loudly somewhere far behind me, but I knew I was going to the right direction when I could hear muffled voices, meaning I'm close enough.

"You hear that?" the voice asked and I recognized it to be Theo's. "That's the sound of real power."

"Theo!" I exclaimed impulsively and rushed to see him.

Turning just around the corner I spotted him, his face contorted into that of a werewolf, eyes glowing golden.

He didn't look particularly happy to see me. "Theo?" I asked once again, examining his cold reaction.

Only then I noticed Scott and Liam lying on the ground behind him in the puddle, helpless.

I gasped and started to run towards my friends, but Theo grabbed me by the forearm. "I'll make everything right, Silvie. My way."

I didn't know what to say to him. In fact, my mind didn't work right at the time. I wasn't angry or sad - just scared.

Without saying anything I escaped from his grasp and crouched next to Scott and Liam, trying to assist them somehow. I didn't even notice when Sebastien came into the picture, back to his human form. I wager it won't be long till he turns back to the demon wolf.

"Another arrogant youth." he spoke, staring at Theo with the same narrowed eyes he stared at me in the station. "A contender to steal my name? You think you can take it from me?"

Confidently, Theo strode towards him. "I just want your power."

He launched a fist at Sebastien which the latter caught, but maybe that was exactly what Theo wanted, because it allowed him a perfect access to the Beast's stomach. He sunk his claws into the flesh, hatefully eyeing the foreigner.