t w o

I could hear the beast growling somewhere further away while I hid behind a wide, rough trunk of a tree. There wasn't even a slightest trace of a moon to light the dense foliage of the forest, it felt like the depths of the abyss, with a monster wandering around, monster looking for a prey. And the prey... was me. I couldn't stifle my rushed panting even when I covered my mouth with my palm. The growling grew louder and louder, meaning that the creature is just a few steps away from me. Out of desperation I shut my eyes and waited for my end. I could already feel his choky breath on my face when scream erupted my mouth.

"Silvie!" Stiles barged into my room and gripped my shoulders, dragging me out of the trance state.

I stopped screaming and felt my sore throat while I gazed at my utterly terrified brother with tears in my eyes. My breath hitched in my throat when my mind wandered back to the nightmare.

"Sorry..." Was all I was able to mutter.

Stiles sighed quietly and sat on my bed, engulfing me in his arms. "I wish I could shoo away every one of your nightmares."

I said nothing back, just closed my eyes and breathed into his shirt, trying to calm down.

"I'm okay, Stiles. You can go." I straightened my back and tried to give my brother an assured look, but all I managed was a mere glance of a puppy.

He stroked my shoulder before he left my room, giving me another glance by the doorstep.

I stayed like this, sitting on my bed, breathing heavily for a long time before I dared to go back to sleep.

~

"Stiles, you can't interrogate dad about this yet. You're not even—"

"Right now there's a slight chance that he may be a deceiver, and by my calculations that chance is willing to increase dramatically." My brother spilled, sounding like a complete psycho himself.

"You do realize that it's just a mere guess?" I asked as we approached the entrance to the Sheriff's station.

"It may be a right guess."

I rolled my eyes, not being able to object Stiles' madman thoughts. Tonight's nightmare heavily deprived me.

After we entered the station we spotted dad that instant, seeing him stride towards us with furrowed brows. "What are you two doing here? Don't you have classes to go to?"

"We're here to discuss Theo Raeken." Stiles spoke firmly, hands on his hips and that crazy look in his eyes.

Dad looked confused for about two seconds before he spoke again. "I think you're here to discuss Theo Raeken, and you just dragged your sister along."

I exchanged glances with dad, glances that conspired against Stiles.

"I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister died in an accident when he was eight." Stiles ranted as the three of us entered dad's office.

"Please go to school." Dad whined, massaging the bridge of his nose.

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf."

I sighed and started to saunter around the office listening to the conversation at the same time.

"You're dating a werecoyote." Dad stated as if Stiles himself didn't knew that, making me slightly chuckle. "I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention." Considering the past events of our pack, flying monkeys wouldn't be much of a surprise. "Until then, just go to school. And stop involving Silvie into your false accusations."