s i x

Stiles, Malia and I barged in the upper section of the BHHS library, where Scott and Kira rummaged through lots of papers and books.

"Did you get to see Lydia?" Scott inquired, straightening his back.

"No." Stiles snapped, rubbing his fists together. "I tried using my free period but she's still in the ICU and no one outside family is allowed in."

"We got one thing." Malia announced before I bashed the big, heavy, dark green wrapped book on the desk. It read Bestiary with capital letters on its leather cover.

"Anything in here about half-werewolves, half-Kanimas ?" Kira questioned as she turned the pages doubtfully.

"The Chimera." Scott whispered, making me snap my head towards him.

"Um, what?" Stiles asked in disbelief rather than clarification.

"Chimera." I repeated, feeling the sense flooding my mind. "I-It's a creature made of incongruous parts." I made a pause, letting information sink in. "And if Liam said he found two burial sites, it means Tracy's not the only one."

"Who's the second Chimera?" Kira breathed out, darting her eyes around us.

"And why would they bury them?" My brother asked, furrowing his brows.

"Deaton thinks it's a part of their process." Scott explained.

"The people in masks." Malia spoke, her eyes looking into oblivion.

~

Malia, Stiles and I stayed up late in the school's library, scanning the books for answers. I was quite interested with the Bestiary we found, Malia was trying to make a dent with her stare in the desk while Stiles simply fell asleep on one of his papers.

Scott and Kira, after spending some more time with us doing research, received a call from Melissa about some student named Corey having a nasty wound on his arm – apparently, of a supernatural level. This will contribute to our knowledge about recent happenings.

Malia didn't stop clicking the pen she was holding in her hand and that made me finally raise my eyes to her. She seemed zoned out, thinking about something intensively.

"Malia?" I whispered slowly with a croaking voice.

She snapped out of her trance, piercing me with her big brown doe eyes. She then stood up and shook Stiles until he woke up. "We need to go and check something. Silvie, you coming?" She still thought it would be good to ask me, even though her movements and words were kind of hasty.

"No, I'll stay here. You two go ahead." Malia gave me a small smile before dragging sleepy Stiles after her.

I sighed and continued to drown myself in various definitions of supernatural creatures. I've always admired mysteries of the world, perfectly aware that I won't be able to solve them all, but at least I would have some knowledge of them. I enjoy reading worldwide archeological articles about various burial sites and fossils, as well as other findings. This whole supernatural scheme is like an alternated version of my interests.

I felt the humble comfort of solitude sink in and my muscles relax gradually. However, the comfort didn't last long, for I started to feel some strange, prickling sensation of someone's presence. I brushed it off, continuing to scrutinize the Bestiary.

All of a sudden, I felt excruciating stinging pain in my right shoulder, which made a horrible scream erupt my throat. I threw my body backwards in attempt to escape the little stingers that dug themselves into my flesh only to fall on my backside and see Donovan standing over me, his mouth covered in dried blood and dark look in his eyes.