t w e l v e

Everything has gotten so intense right now. Scott is back to his inhaler 24/7, and no one knows exactly why. When he became a werewolf his asthma was instantly gone, but now for some reason it came back, hardening the situation.

Everyone's really messed up, sometimes we don't even notice each other. A feeling of something great and ominous has enthralled us all, making the sense of coming peril reach deep into our bones. No one's really talking to each other, and that way I can keep the strengthening bond between Theo and me a secret more easily. I don't know what it is, but what I do know, is that his company helps me forget depression. Utterly.

Few days had passed since the recent events, leaving everyone distressed. Right now I have a free period and normally I would go stroll around the stadium or go check if music class is available, but instead I'm looming in the empty girls locker room, trying to sort myself out.

The inevitable understanding of the fact that all of my friends will someday know that I killed Donovan still haunted me. It never stopped. Of course, it was self-defense, I keep telling myself that. When Theo asked me about it just after he took me home after the incident, I told it felt horrible. The second I did it, it really did. I've never killed a living being before. But later, when I realized that Donovan isn't lurking around any corner anymore, I felt relieved, just like I confessed to Theo recently.

"Hey," Malia's worn out voice woke me up from a trance.

I nodded her a greeting, unable to move my lips.

"How you doing?" Malia isn't the one of caring nature, but when it comes to friends she wants to know what's wrong.

I sighed. "Honestly? I'm feeling like a bag of shit."

"Me too."

As Malia simply sat next to me and focused her empty gaze on the floor, I slightly turned my head to her in order to observe her. She had slight bags under her eyes, what was really unusual to see on her. She was always so active that there couldn't even be a thought of such thing on her even face. But I guess this madness got us all.

"Is everything okay, Malia?"

She looked at me as if I just fell from the moon. "Are you really asking me that?"

"I don't mean the stuff that's going on with us. I mean the stuff that's going on with you."

Now, she fixated her gaze on me and tried to read me, to figure out what's in my head. "Do you really want to burden yourself with my problems, Silvie?" She asked, squinting at me.

"I don't know what made you think I can't handle them." She slightly cocked her head to the side as if telling me that the answer is obvious. My depression. If only she knew that I have a living antidote to that... "Tell me."

Before she spoke, she taunted me with a long, deafening silence. "I plan to kill her." She snapped confidently.

At first I was confused, but then I remembered the only person Malia would hold a potent grudge on. "Your mother??"

"She's not my mother. She's a killer, that's what she is." She retorted, straightening her back and diverting her fuming gaze from me.

So am I.

"H-How exactly will you do that?"

"I don't know. Yet." As I was left in quite a shock, she looked back at me and continued. "The flashback that I experienced wasn't just a hallucination, Silvie. It was a memory. She killed my family, and she wants to kill me, seeing that she didn't succeed the last time."

I stared into oblivion contemplating what she had just said. Could I really be atoned for killing Donovan? I don't feel so guilty as I should, but I know that once everyone finds out they're not going to be pleased.