1 Day: Canoes and Piano Time

????????'s POV

I swung my legs over the side of the building, kicking them while I watched the entrance to the theatre. My hands were clenched on the rough cement roof edge, anticipation coursing through my veins.

Once again I froze as someone exited the theatre, thinking it was my target. Seeing it wasn't, I relaxed slightly.

The wind buffeted my hair as I thought and rethought over my plan, the seconds ticking by too slowly for my rage as my eyes never left the theatre entrance.

At last I saw my target exit. This was what I had been preparing for;  it was time. Lithe and silent, I pushed off the roof and landed with a soft thud on my feet, assuming a safe distance behind and following, waiting for the perfect moment to arrive to strike.

-1 Day Earlier-

(Anyone notice I've been counting down~?)
Eren's POV

Soft, melodic tinkling drifted into my ears, causing me to stir and roll over with a little whine. What was this that was waking me up so gosh darn early??

My eyelids cracked open and I made out the ceiling of Levi and I's bedroom, but not the source of the tune.

With a gigantic yawn, I sat up and stretched, feeling around for Levi's teeny form with one hand, but I couldn't find it.

The symphony increased and I found myself smiling as I heard what I now realized was a piano's song playing from outside.

I got up and slipped on my slippers (Ha!) and padded out, following my ears. I finally determined the source of the noise was coming from the living room, and I pushed open the swinging doors to see a sleek black grand piano sitting in the center.

Quiet as can be, even though I knew he could hear me, I tiptoed up to lean on the top, my head on my hand.

His eyes stayed closed, his fingers rapid but delicate on the keys, crafting an elegant array of notes. It was a song I had only heard a few times before; a song he had written especially for me.

A sweet smile crept onto my face as I listened and watched him. He seemed to move with the beats, feeling the melody flow throughout his entire body. I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to have him...

The last notes rang in the air and he finally let his hands slide off the keys and onto his thighs and opened his eyes, looking up at me with an embarrassed grin and whispering,

"Happy anniversary, Eren."

My smile grew until it ran from one ear to the other and I made my way behind Levi, wrapping my arms around him and kissing his cheek before laying my chin on his shoulder.

"Happy anniversary, Levi~"

Blushing slightly, he patted the bench and I sat next to him, as close as I could possibly get.

"Let's play that one song!!!" I suggested, my fingers flashing to the piano, ready to drop the bass.

"You mean the only one you know?" Levi drawled sarcastically.

"Well, I'm offended. If you're going to complain why don't you teach me a new one?" I retorted, turning my head to face him with a look that dared him to challenge this. This being my unbeatable self.

"It took a month to teach you one!!" My lip pouted and my ears drooped. "Don't give me that- ugh. I have an idea. Why don't you play your... Thingy and I play my piano."

I gasped. That was a FABULOUS idea. In a record 3.62 seconds, I went upstairs, grabbed my case, slid back downstairs, stole a sip of Jack Daniels(that sounds so weird), raced back into the room, and undid the golden clasps.