Bloodsuckers

A\N I counted, and this is chapter 16!

Levi's POV

Flashback 200 years ago

"Goodbye, Farlan! I will see you tomorrow!" I said, walking up to my home. It was made of wood like the rest, but it was still bigger and better since my parents were so rich!

"Wait, Levi. I was told you give you something." Farlan announced as he strode back up to me, dirt kicked up behind him. What could he have to give me? Its not my birthday yet...

"Here." He handed me a small piece of parchment, which I immediately opened and read,

Levi,

I have to confess something because I just can't keep it in anymore! I think I like you! I have for a while! I hope you like me too!

Love,

Isa xoxo

She likes me?? I've liked her for years but I could never fathom her liking me back! I yelled a quick "Thank you!" to Farlan before running inside excitedly.

"Momma! Dad! I gotta show you som..." I froze, a terrible feeling of dread rising in the pit of my stomach to my chest, squeezing my heart as I took in the scene.

Blood. Blood everywhere. My mom's body was curled up on the ground, rocking with spasms. My father was looking down at her in horror, slowly reaching up to touch the blood on his mouth, still wet and dribbling. Then I heard a booming laugh echo in the dark room.

"Well! I have to say, Marvelous job! Now the richest family in the colony will be bloodsuckers. Oh yes, this should make a very interesting show~! Oh? What's this...? You missed one. What a cutie! You're still thirsty, right? You can't help but want to suck that pumping blood.... so turn him."

I shook my head quickly as my father turned towards me. No... Please I don't want to die! I stumbled back until my back hit the wall.

"Dad! Please! Please don't do this! I'm your son! Your son!" I whimpered, tears rapidly falling down my face as I let out choked sobs. I looked up to see Father crying, too.

"Im s-so sorry... I c-can't- the blood.... Son..." He kept walking towards me and I gave up, falling to my knees sobbing and pressing against the wall, whispering, "Please...."

Then all I could feel was a piercing pain in my neck, and my body erupted in fire. Though I wasn't actually on fire. But It felt like it. I only faintly heard sobs of "I'm so sorry... so sorry" because all I could feel was pain. Pain I had never felt anything like before. I just wanted it to stop, to not have to deal with feeling as if I was being burned alive. The heat was so intense, make it stop! I wanted so desperately to die...

Then the fire stopped. Replaced with cool tendrils making their way through each of my veins, completely taking over my being. It was like my body was completely frozen. All my senses were numb, dead. Yes, thats the word. Dead. I was dead. I always thought when I died I would be in paradise, rewarded for my good deeds. This doesn't feel like paradise. Paradise wouldn't be so cold. If not paradise, then where am I? I guess I just have to open my eyes to find out.

End Flashback

And I did. But I didn't find myself in paradise, or even Hell. I was in a morgue, a body bag. I had unzipped the bag and snuck out of the freezing room. Only I didn't get warmer. I never got warmer. Thats one of the things I missed the most; the warmth. But you can't have body heat without blood, and you can't have blood if your own Father drank it all.