Chapter 3- News

Edited: July 7, 2014 

Emerald's POV

Waking up, I feel soft cotton like mattress under me. I sense around with my arms, clutching and unclutching the comforter that’s drape around me. I rub my eyes open and my reaction is similar to a child on Christmas.

The walls are an apple green colour, a wide screen TV perches on a long TV table decorated with different almost childlike knick knacks in front of me. I take a look at the bed to see that it’s a cute shade of purple. It has pink polka dots decorating the covers giving off a girly vibe. The pillows as well are a matching design. I look to my left to see a two princess like white doors one decorated with wooden butterflies hanging just above it. I glance around more and found a dresser just placed perfectly on my left. To my right are the door to what seems like leading to a balcony and the wardrobe. Beside the bed is a desk, a computer chair and a laptop. The room is simple, but a dream room.

"You're awake!" My head turns to the door beside the one with the butterflies and see Zayn looking at me ecstatically relieved. Still admiring the room, I faintly hear him say "Boys! Emerald's awake!” I could hear shouts and clamber of footsteps before I could see all of them in my line of vision.

“So what do you think about your room?” Louis asks, looking around as well as they got in and sit on my bed. I stare at different corners of the room with more wonder “This is my room?” I’ve never had a room like this in my whole life, obviously. Two minutes passed before I answered them, hopefully I sound thankful. “It’s prefect.” I whisper with a small smile.

“I’m glad you like it. We decorated it ourselves.” Niall says with a proud attitude. Liam shakes his head disapprovingly and smacks him at the back of his head. Niall rubs the area where he was hit, while glaring at Liam.

“With a little help from the decorators.” He murmurs. I smile at him, and then looking at the bandage on my arm not realizing that it was there before, I flinch. “Oh yeah, are you feeling okay now?” Harry asks worriedly. I nod to assure them that I’m completely fine even though the wound still hurts for a tiny bit. None of us said something, making it awkward to say before I begin to look for my things. “Where did my books go?” I ask, my books being my top priority at the moment. Not my shabby old tatty suitcase but my beloved books. Louis points beside me and I’m utterly surprised that I missed the books lying just beside me on the desk when I was looking around the room earlier.

“Wait, whose laptop is that?” I only assumed and hoped that it’s one of the boys’ when I looked around earlier but I doubt that their particular tastes are of like a girl’s considering that the laptop looks like the goddess of all girls threw up on it. “Yours.” My eyes widen even though I’ve already seen it coming. It’s just the fact that I own a laptop now makes me all queasy and surprise inside.

“No! I can’t accept that. It’s too much!” The closest technology I’ve had my hands on was the old kitchen blender back when I was still living with my parents. Comparing that blender to this laptop, I chuckle nervously.

“You’re part of the family now, we could buy you anything we want” Zayn speaks and I completely froze in the moment. The word ‘family’ is such a foreign word to me. I’ve never felt like I belong to one bearing in mind that my past isn’t the best case scenario in the world. The word itself gives me shivers but, guiltily, I yearn to use it in a sentence, hopefully with a good meaning to it.