Chapter 19- Can't We Just Say 'See You Later' Instead

Emerald's POV

"There you are! Where have you been?! We've been worried sick about you!" Niall said as the boys approached me.

My hands are shaking, my legs feel wobbly and I feel like I want to throw up right now.

"Emerald?" I snapped out of my small daze and gave them a weak smile. "Is something wrong?" Louis asked.

"Um I'm not really feeling well. Can we go home?" I squeaked. Truth is I don't want to take the risk of bumping to my 'father' again.

Calling him that is so hard. He's never been a father to me and my mom is never a mother. They just treat me with no respect.

"Okay, you want me to give you a piggy back ride?" Zayn offered. I smiled and accepted his offer. I would never get tired of piggy back rides; they're like the best things ever.

"ONE DIRECTION!" A high pitched voice said before I heard screaming from every direction. I gulped and tightened my grip on Zayn, but not tight enough to choke him.

"It's going to be fine Ems." Louis said over the noise. We were in a middle of a huge crowd, so I guess you could say we are mobbed by screaming girls, ages about 11 to 18.

"Is that Emerald?!"

"She's so pretty!"
"Ew! She's not!"

"Yes she is! She's the prettiest girl ever!"

I blushed at the nice comments and ignored the hate that was thrown at me. I could see the boys forming a circle around me and Zayn so I won't be harmed or anything. I could see the guards trying to get the girls to go away, but the girls are really persistent to get their picture with the boys.

I kinda feel sad for them if they didn't get a picture with the boys. They have idolized the five boys for a long time and most of these girls have never seen them before.

"LISTEN UP EVERYONE!" I shouted as loud as possible. They all quieted down and it so did the other shoppers.

"If you want your picture with the boys, make a line please." I said as sweetly as possible. "Great idea Emerald!" I heard someone say from my right. I flashed them a big smile before climbing down from Zayn's back.

The girls did what I told them to do, the guards watching out for line cutters.

"You are brilliant princess." Niall whispered to me as he signed a girl's shirt. I smiled and stood by him, waiting for everyone to finish.

"E-emerald?" I looked up, shock that a fan approached me. "Um hi!" I said as cheerful as possible.

"Can I please have a picture with you?" She pleaded.

Me?! A picture with little old me?!

"S-sure!" I said, still shocked. She smiled brightly before going to my side and posing, me doing the same.

"Thank you so much! You're so pretty and nice by the way!" And with that, she left.

"I think Emerald has little fans of her own too." Harry chuckled. I stuck my tongue out at him and continued to smile brightly at all the fans.

Some asked me to take a picture with them; some even asked me to sign something! But because I haven't signed anything in my whole life, I just wrote my name with a little heart in the end.

-

"That was still the coolest thing ever." I babbled as I stepped out of the car. We left the mall 30 minutes ago, but I could still hear all the girls chattering and squealing about One Direction.