Chapter 13- Believe

Dedication to @Teenagerunawaylove because she gave me the idea :) Thank you! You could get a dedication if you have the best comment (in my opinion) or if you gave me an idea that I’m going to use for the chapter :)

Emerald’s POV

I could hear their pleads for me to open the door for me but I still didn’t budge from where I’m sitting.

I have a hand mark, double the size of my hand and they still didn’t believe me?! Oh wow.

“Go away!” I screamed. “Just leave her alone.” I heard Natalie say. For once, I actually agreed to her statement.

Alex came jumping on my lap. I stroked his fur, tickling him slightly.

A soft knock startled me causing Alex to jump off my lap.

“I believe you.” I heard Eleanor say from the other side of the door. My eyes widened and I quickly scrambled up to open the door.

“W-what?” I said.

“I believe you Emerald. I know you can’t do that. You’re too much of an angel.” She said sweetly. I hugged her fast, not wanting to let go.

Finally, someone is on my side.

“I’m sorry for ignoring you.” I sobbed. “Shh, stop crying. Here I brought you some ice.” She said. I took it gratefully and slowly placed that on the cheek that I got slapped at. I winced when the cold ice touched my warm skin.

“I’m so sorry I didn’t realize sooner.” She said. I led her to my room, closing the door shut.

“Why did Niall have to choose her? Why didn’t he get to know the real her first?” I asked. “Natalie is a big fake. Only some people who are smart enough could see through her little act.” Eleanor said. Alex came running back to me, slightly looking at Eleanor who was cooing at Alex.

“Do you want to pet him? He’s really nice.” I said. “I’ve always wanted a dog in his breed!’ Eleanor gushed. She picked him up and started to baby talk.

I laughed and started to join in. It felt like ages since I had a proper conversation with someone in this house.

“Don’t worry about Natalie Emerald. I’m not going to live you alone anymore.” Eleanor grinned. “Good. I don’t want to get hurt again.” I said sadly. “What? She hurt you before?” Eleanor gasped.

“Um yes…” I said. I told her everything. From the moment I first met her to her slap. Eleanor was sitting beside me, listening with her fist clenched so hard that it was turning white.

“That little B-.” She cut herself before she could say the B word. “I knew something was wrong about her, the moment I laid eyes on her. Perrie and Danielle seemed to like her so I gave her a chance. She just wasted that chance.” Eleanor spat.

“Don’t kill her.” I joked.

“I can’t?” Eleanor pouted. I laughed and she gave me a side hug. “I’m going to convince Louis to be on team Emeanor.” Eleanor said.

“Emeanor? What?!” I confusingly asked. “Our team name. If Louis joins us, then we’ll be Louemeanor.” Eleanor said slowly. “What if everyone joins our team? That would be a long team name.” I giggled. “I might have to write that down on paper.” Eleanor mumbled.

“Why can’t we just name our team, team awesome?” I said. “That works too.” Eleanor laughed.

“Be right back, hopefully with Louis.” She whispered. I nodded and stood up to get the door for her.