Chapter 5- School

Emerald’s POV

I am ready to slam my head on a metal pipe. They’ve been complementing and telling me how good I am.

“This is so cool! We’re like a family of singers!” Niall said. I groaned and placed my head on the table. Kill me now.

“Are we going to start the bon fire or not?” I groaned. “Okay little Ms. Singer.” Harry said.

“Don’t call me that.” I whined. He laughed and opened up the packet of marshmallow. I got one and popped it in my mouth.

“Damn it! The lighter’s missing!” Liam said. I laughed and went over to where the wood is piled up. “You guys don’t know how to make a proper bonfire.” I said.

I picked up two stones that are big enough. I felt if they were okay to make sparks and they were.

‘Stand back.” I said. Liam stood back as I got threw a bit of gasoline.

I collided the rocks making sparks. I did it again and it hit the part where there’s gasoline. The fire started to spread and I blew just to make it bigger.

“Wait what?! Where did you learn that? Girl’s scout?” Liam said. “Nope. Taught myself how.” I grinned proudly. He chuckled and messed up my hair.

I picked up a stick and a sticked the marshmallow. I looked around me and saw that the guys weren't moving and they were just staring at me.

“Well are you going to join me?” I asked. They snapped out and laughed. They soon joined me and it really great. I could finally live my life with no fear and such.

“Ems we were thinking, when would you like to go to school?” He asked. I froze and gulped.

In the adoption center, they did teach us. They hired some private teachers and taught us there so it’s not like I’m clueless or something. I’m actually one of the brightest in my age group. They said they were teaching us the same things that they teach the kids in a real school. What I’m afraid of are the other kids.

What if they don’t like me? What if they decided that I was a freak and started to bully me?

But I know I am young and I need my education.

“As soon as possible.” I faked a smile.

“Great! You’ll start next week.” Niall said. “Next week?”

“Yeah, summer holidays end next week and school starts.” Harry said. I sighed and nodded. “Don’t worry, we already have your uniform and the things you need.” Liam said.

“Where will I be attending?” I asked. “Oh you’ll be attending Green east.” (A/N Lol I totally made that up XD)

“One of us would be driving you so you don’t need to catch the bus but when we’re on tour you have a choice. To stay here or to come with us and travel. We don’t exactly know when our world tour starts but it’s not soon.” Zayn said. I nodded and ate the marshmallow.

“Don’t worry, you’ll fit right in.” He said.

-----1 week later----

“Are you ready?” Niall asked. I sighed but nodded. Today, I’m going to be starting Year 8 and I’m a little bit nervous. Will I make new friends immediately or would I be the freak?

The boys have coached me and told me everything I needed to know. Especially with boys. I swear I laughed every time they mention boys and how I should stay away from them because they have ‘cooties’ They still think I believe in those kind of stuff….