Chapter 12- Slap

Emerald’s POV

“Would you like to pet him?” I asked sweetly. “No thank you.” She said. It was obvious that she was trying really hard not to pull on my hair or push me down the stairs.

“Suit yourself.” I smirked. “Come on Alex, let’s go to our room.” I used my baby voice. He’s just too cute! Alex barked happily and let me go first. I pushed my door wide open and dumped my bags on the bed and the cage beside me bed. I released Alex from his leash so he could go around.

“This is your new house Alex.” I said quietly. I walked back to the door and closed it. I was about to turn around when someone knocked on the door.

“Who is it?” I asked. “It’s me.” Niall said from the other side. “Oh.” I murmured.

What should I do? I’m still hurt pretty bad. They’re actually the first people who I really trusted and they kinda broke it.

“Can I come in?” He said quietly. “I’m really tired. Maybe some other time.” I lied. I’m not even tired one bit.

“Oh, sleep tight princess…” He said. “Don’t call me princess.” I snarled. “Well what am I supposed to call you?” He said hurt.

“Emerald. Call me Emerald because I was never your princess. Maybe a short while but I’m not anymore.” I croaked.

“You are my princess!” He said from the other side.

“Sure didn’t seem like it yesterday.” I said back. I heard a sigh before I heard the fading footsteps.

“I thought so.” I mumbled before I went back to my bed and cried my heart out. Alex laid on my lap, rubbing his little nose on the fabric of my leggings.

“I still have you if everything else falls apart.” I said quietly. I gently pet his tiny head. Sometimes I want to be an animal. It seems like they don’t have a care of the world.

Niall’s POV

“She hates me.” I sobbed. “I’m sure she doesn’t Niall.” Liam sighed. “She so does! She even told me to call her Emerald and not princess!” I exclaimed. “She’s just hurt Niall…give her time to heal.” Perrie said softly. “But will she ever heal?” I whispered.

Natalie’s POV (a/n let me just say this, EEEEWWWWWW)

“Yes it’s done.” I smirked.

--

Emerald’s POV

“Sit!” I said. Alex obeyed so I gave him a treat. I’ve been teaching him tricks for the past two hours now.

“I think that’s enough for one day.” I smiled. He barked and began on pawing on the glass door that leads to the balcony. I stood up and pushed the door open. “It’s really beautiful.” I whispered. The sun was setting, colors exploding everywhere.

We sat there until there was no sun left, leaving us with twinkling stars and a bright moon.

“Dinner!” Someone called from inside. “Coming!” I screamed.

I’m not going to starve myself just because I have a disagreement with everyone downstairs. “Let’s go down Alex.” I grabbed his green plastic bowl with his name sprawled across it. I also grabbed a can and went downstairs, Alex chasing me.