Chapter 22- Butterflies

Emerald’s POV

“Good night darling.” Annie said before she closed the door. The room was comfy and it had this homey feeling but of course, I still miss my old room.

I wonder what the boys are doing.

Are they searching for me?

Are they sad that I’m gone?

I hope they’re taking good care of Alex.

I miss that dog. I wish I could bring him but he would make too much noise. I turned to the other side and saw the city lights shining.

I asked Edgar where we are, turns out, I ended up at the other side of the city.

No I didn’t walk all the way here; I actually hailed a cab and told him to just drive. When the meter was just right for how much money I have, I told him to stop.

London is a big city, big enough to hide from someone. Well in my case, a boy band and ex criminals. But I’m sure they will find me eventually, the boys ARE the biggest boy band in the world…I bet they called the FBI already.

Back to where I am.

The neighborhood where they live was peaceful, calm and had this happy vibe.

But this is not their permanent home. They were just visiting Annie’s sister here in London, and in a month’s time, they’re going back to Liverpool.

Where will I be going then?

I haven’t actually decided yet.

I just can’t live with Edgar and Annie forever! I don’t want to endanger their lives, and I don’t think anyone is that nice to just take in a thirteen year old girl.

But if I still have luck, I really wish they don’t listen to the news. I don’t want them to treat me like I am something special just because my adopted parents are One Direction. Well technically it is Louis but Louis is in One Direction.

And with that thought, I felt myself slowly go to sleep.

--

“Wake up sweet.” A soothing voice said. I got up slowly and smiled at Annie who had a plate of pancakes.

“Are those for me?” I asked. She nodded and handed the plate to me. I thanked her and started to eat the food up slowly.

“Thank you so much for letting me stay in.” I said after I swallowed.

“Not a problem dear, where are you going to go after?” She asked, sitting on the edge of the bed. I shrugged and looked at my bag, chewing my food even slower than before.

“Well always remember that our house is always open for you dearie.” She smiled before getting up and getting out of the room.

I finished the pancakes fast and went down to the kitchen to place it on the sink. I slowly got out a glass from the cabinet and some orange juice.

While gulping the juice down, I looked around and noticed that the house is even nicer in the mornings.

I finished my juice and washed the dishes in the sink for Annie. It is the least I could do.

“Oh you didn’t need to do that!” Edgar said from behind me. “It’s not a bother, it’s the least I could do for you guys.” I said as I placed the last plate on the drying rack.

“Well thank you love. Your parents should really pay more attention on such a sweet girl like you.” Edgar said before he gave me a smile and left the house to go to his job I suppose.