Chapter 8

The drive home from work was quiet since I had so many thoughts in my head and listening to music just made it worse. I was going to meet my parents in just about two weeks and I kissed Harry and I needed to pay my bills and I needed to pick up the dresses when I was sending the bills.

I threw my bag on the island before walking to the coffee machine and poured a cup before placing it in the microwave. Ariel wasn't home yet so I took my coffee with me to my room and placed it on the tiny drawer I had next to the bed before I picked my guitar up. I strummed on it, feeling so much better when the thoughts got replaced by words from my own songs and I sang them out as loud as I could. I felt so much better when I got the chance to sing or play guitar, like all the problems in the worlds had been resolved. 

After a short hour I heard the door open and I placed the guitar in it's stand before walking to greet Ariel. A smiles was placed on her pretty lips when she walked in, holding in two bags. She opened them up, handing me a book which looked pretty good just judging by the covers. I thanked her before walking in to my room, placing the book in the huge bookshelf I had covering my wall.

Ariel and I cooked dinner together before she fell asleep on the sofa while watching the Notebook. I never cried as much as I did to the Notebook and PS. I love you. I didn't like sad films, actually I hated them, cause I never understood love. Not like that, not how you can break in tiny pieces when the one you loves just goes away. 

I left Ariel on the sofa, knowing she actually enjoyed spending the night there. She always got up an hour earlier than me so I decided to get her phone and set her alarm for her. 

Lying under the duvet with my phone in my hand I received a message from Harry. I replied quickly to his simple 'hello' and when he got back to me again, asking if he could call me, I nodded repeatedly as I typed the answer. As promised he called just a minute after, my ring tone blurting out of my phone.

"Hi Harry." I smiled, hearing him breath on the other side of the phone.

"Hi Rubs." His raspy voice whispered. "I miss you." I smiled when I heard his words, feeling myself wanting him here next to me in the warm bed. I smiled a bit at his words, how they could affect me was a bit weird. 

"What are you doing?" I asked, changing the subject. It seemed to go unnoticed by Harry cause he kept the conversation going, telling me about his day before and after our meeting and what his plans was for tomorrow. I felt comfortable talking to him, he was good at making me feel okay in awkward situations. 

I started to get used to the way his voice was, dark and husky. I liked how he took his time speaking, not behind rushed by anyone or anything. I liked him, I guess I actually did like him. He was quite the guy, I never knew what to expect from him and that was probably what attracted me, how the time I spend with him was so surprising.

"Why did you leave?" The words left my mouth without me understanding it and I could her him choke on his own breath. 

"What?" He asked and I know his left eyebrow was pulled up. He did that face when he didn't understand something, or heard something wrong. It was wrong of me knowing that about him but I learn how people work quickly, that's why I only have Ariel around all the time, I know her. I like it better when I know people.

"Why did you leave?" I repeated. I had already asked the question once and since his reaction wasn't hanging up on me I decided to find out why he actually left. 

"I know you don't want to do anything sexual yet so I thought leaving would be good before I started touching you." He confessed shyly, making a little smirk appear on my lips. I really appreciated him caring about what I wanted, which just came to my shock really.