Chapter 23

Tony was standing with a spatula in his hand as he flipped the burgers in the frying pan and sang at the same time. Something we both had in common was our singing voices but Tony was just a lot better than me.

"Here." smiled Tony as he placed the plate filled with food in front of me. I took a bite and it was really good. I knew Tony was asking me something but since Harry was occupying my mind I couldn't really focus. "Ruby?" Tony said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Oh." I murmured. "I'm fine, sorry. I just have too much going on inside my head." I admitted and Tony nodded. 

"I get it." He smiled, taking a bite of his burger. We kept on talking for a while, Tony tried his hardest to not bring any of the bad things up and he did a good job. He made me smile and I was happy having him here,  I did a good thing coming back here. 

We watched multiple movies before going to bed. Most of them filled with jokes, Tony's idea to cheer me up worked quite well and when I fell asleep Harry's face didn't haunt me. 

-

"Let's go then!" Tony smiled as he locked the door before walking down the street to his car. Tony insisted we should go get me a new dress since I wouldn't be going back home to get it after everything. I think it was to take my mind off things too, Tony wasn't really the guy who enjoyed shopping.

We walked out of the car and Tony adjusted his navy blue jeans before pulling the jean jacket over his white t-shirt. I had a my black maxi dress on, since I didn't bring anything, not even shoes, I had to borrow Tony's neighbour Kayla's toms and borrowed a leather jacket from Tony. 

The mall was crowded when we walked in, like the half million people that lived here decided to show up on the same day.

Since it was one year ago I last went here I really didn't have that much memory of what stores there were. Tony guided me to every store he went to with Kayla. She was a nice person, she lent me her shoes for Christ sake. She had beautiful, dark hair in a mixture of black and brown with sun kissed skin and deep blue eyes. Probably the definition of perfect. 

"Tony!" I yelled a bit too loud, making him walk from the other items of clothing to where I was standing. 

"Yeah?" wondered Tony, walking up next to me. 

"I found the exact same dress as I planned to wear to the wedding!" I smiled as I held the blue dress in my hands. It looked just the same as the one in the magazine and it was even cheaper. 

"Brilliant." smiled Tony as we took the dress with us to the cash desk, paying half the prize for this one compared to the dress I had lying at home or as the post office. 

I picked up several maxi dresses in different colours, it was my favorite item of clothing. Together with a pair of jeans, yoga pants, jackets, shirts, underwear and a lot of toiletries we walked to a shoe store not located in the mall. It wasn't that far to walk to so Tony and I left my bags in his car before walking there. 

The store was big and shoes were everywhere, it was like a dream. It was a men's section, a child's section and a lady's section so my feet covered by Kayla's toms led me towards the beautiful shoes filling the lady's section up. Tony chuckled at me as I tried on various shoes and loved probably all of them. Since I didn't have that much money left on my card I couldn't by all of them but I settled on three pair. With the wedges, ballerinas and converses I walked to the cash desk and got in line with Tony next to me. 

The boy in front of me payed for his items and when he walked away from the cash desk he accidentally bumped in to me. 

"Sorry." He murmured with a smile. "Are you okay?" He asked as I landed in the embrace of Tony's muscular arms. I nodded towards the boy who looked amazing with the short hair and brown eyes. His kind features was really attractive, his body tall and muscular. 

"Yeah, I'm just in the way quite a lot." I smiled and he returned the gesture, his smile truly beautiful as the rest of him. I noticed a small birth mark on his neck, similar to mine but larger. 

"Well, have a good day then." smiled the boy before walking out of the store. I smiled back at him before placing my shoes at the cash desk, paying for them and with Tony by my side we left. 

Back at his flat we made room for my clothes since I didn't have a wardrobe in the room I had here, it broke just before I moved thanks to me falling on it. I need to get an insurance on myself since I always hurt in some way. 

 "Dinner?" asked Tony as we finished placing my clothes in his wardrobe. I nodded with a smile and we walked down the stairs and in to the kitchen. 

"Get the broccoli." I ordered and Tony did as I wished, handing me the sliced vegetable which I mixed in with the carrots, meat and onions on the wok I was making. 

"This is really good." complimented Tony with a mouthful of food. I thanked him as we kept our conversation going. It was really nice how he didn't try to find out more about Harry and I, or Ariel or anyone else. He understood that I needed to be without them right now and just think about stuff that makes me happy.

"Is that your phone or is it mine?" I wondered, looking over at Tony who pointed at me. I nodded and rose up from the seat at the dinner table and walked over to the kitchen to retrieve my phone. 

My heart stopped, started beating, and then stopped again. Harry's picture was smiling against me, his name big on the screen together with a big green and a big red button. Why didn't he leave me alone?