Chapter 13

[Author's note: Now I really mean it when I say third person narrative is starting]

Colby's eyes started to close as the plane started. In his mind, he dreamt of Lindsay. He saw the light in blue eyes start to fade as he told her he had to go. His exit, like that of The Shield, was swift.

"I don't want to leave you, Bug. I'd rather stay here."

"Lucky for me, I took a liking to this industry and I know what's involved. I don't want you to disappoint anyone."

He smiled at her for one of the last times. Sara watched, saddened that her best student not only was stricken with this disease but stricken with a case of Lovesick Blues. She sat watching NCIS. Colby, ever thinking, went in his bag and grabbed his black baseball hat, a shirt and his cologne.

"What are you doing, Goofy?" Lindsay asked.

"I'm leaving you a few physical gifts, here."

He put the baseball hat on her head and his shirt in her lap.

"These are three of my favorite things in the universe. Hold on to them for me,"

"The hat, I understand. The shirt, well you have however many black shirts and why are you leaving me with your cologne?"

Colby looked at her.

"The black shirt should fit you so you can choose to wear it whenever you think of me. The cologne is so you smell me and that's my NXT hat. I haven't parted with it til now."

"I can't take any of this, what if you need it?"

"You're taking it. I decided you have to. The cologne I can replace. The rest is so you have them."

Lindsay looked at him.

"I know you have to go,"

"I do, Bug."

Tears filled her eyes.

"Don't cry, Bug. I'll be back in two weeks. We have a few days off so I'm gonna spend them with you."

"I don't know what I'll look like but hopefully you'll still love me."

"Nothing will change how I feel."

He kissed her one last time the same way he had hours earlier. He shook Sara's hand.

"Take care of her for me."

"Or what, you're gonna kick my ass?"

"Yep."

"You wish." Sara said chuckling.

"Oh, Bug, keep checking in on social media. I have tons of surprises for you."

He kissed her one last time on the forehead and walked out of her room.

**************

Lindsay looked at Sara.

"He's gone." Lindsay said, snuggling with his shirt.

"He said he's gonna be back."

"I know, I just..." She started to gag. Sara called a nurse as Lindsay started coughing. Two nurses came into the room. One grabbed a bucket and the other clean sheets and a clean gown. Sara looked at Iyanla.

"What happened?"

"She's been holding back the nausea until he left. Her migraine should go away by tomorrow. I know that Doctor Novak wants the other tests. I gave her something for the pain and hopefully that helps."

"Did the results from her LP come back yet?"

"They did. Thankfully there's no cancer cells in her spinal fluid."