Chapter 36

The week before my release to WWE, I spent time with Clarissa. She and I went and did everything. I sat a diner with her the last chemo appointment I had.

"Rissa,"

"Yeah, Linds,"

"I'm pregnant."

"When the..?"

"When Colby was here,"

"Holy Crap, Congratulations Girl!"

"I haven't told him yet."

"What are you waiting for?"

"I don't know. I'm just afraid he'll hate me. I'm afraid he'll run away, I'm just afraid."

I could feel tears running down my face. Clarissa looked at me.

"You know he'll be there for you. You just need to tell him."

I took a deep breath.

"I will when I get back on the road next week."

I looked at the time.

"It's time."

Clarissa smiled at me and patted my hand. Dressed in my "Hounds of Justice" shirt and Pink "Varsity" sweats, head wrapped in a pink bandana, I walked into the clinic one more time.

"Well, this is the last treatment in Omaha. I'm gonna take this like a champ. Wish me luck and I love you, Soldier." I said into my IPad then hitting send on Facebook. I looked at the receptionist.

"Hey Joyce, this is my last time here. Wanna wish me luck?"

"It's Friday the thirteenth. We all need luck."

We both laughed as I went back to my nurse.

"Hey, Bella."

"Lindsay, what am I gonna do without you or Iyanla? I'll miss you both so much."

"I know right, I wish I could pack all of you into my suitcase."

"You just sit here and try to think of positive things."

"I will. Who's the doctor this time giving me my drugs?" I asked.

"Doctor Lawrence."

"Oh, I finally get the hot doctor and I'm half bald and chalky looking. Great."

Bella laughed as we heard a commotion at the front desk.

"If necessary, go into the bathroom."

"Why?"

"I hear things out in the lobby. It's probably nothing."

"Alright."

Bella got me prepped for the procedure. The noise out in the lobby got louder.

"Mister Parsons, I don't know where Joyce is. I'm not sure if she went to lunch or what but I'm just watching the desk."

"I don't fucking care! I wanna see my wife."

I heard the voice get louder.

"He's got a gun!" I heard a security officer say.

Bella got me off the table.

"Go in the bathroom. Lock the door. I'm turning off lights so no one thinks anyone is in here. Take your bag with you and whatever you do, Do NOT open the door. Okay?"

I nodded, taking my bag with me. I curled up in the corner as I heard Bella turn off the light.  Bella walked out into the hall. I heard her voice.