11 | In The End

Ignore my terrible photo shopping skills above :// XD

Soldiers stood in straight rows on each sides of the room as Princess Leia and the two droids stood. Luke, Mara and Han began to walk down the isle way.

Mara dressed in a white dress that Leia's people had given to her, in replace of the black and brown tunic and leggings. She wasn't used to wearing things like that, but it seemed to get Luke's attention.

As they made it to the waiting Princess, she smiled at each of them before reaching for the Medals, placing the first one around Luke's neck.

Next was Han. Her cheeks tinted a soft pink as she did so, and Han winked at her with a smirk.

Lastly was Mara. She smiled at the girl she considered her best friend, and placed the medal around her neck.

They all stood next to Leia as the Soldiers and creatures around them cheered.

Mara looked over at Luke, who began smiling at her. She smiled back as everyone continued to cheer.

***

Luke stood on the Millennium Falcon as he prepared to take off to Coruscant, an old planet where the Jedi before them lived.

Mara walked onto the ship, and smiled as Chewbacca sat at the cockpit. "I'll miss you, Chewie. Try not to take Han's head off when he's in his mood."
Chewie made a scruffing noise as if he were laughing, and he wrapped his long arms around the girl. She giggled as she hugged the Wookiee back, patting his fur.

"You're not coming with me?" Luke asked.

Mara turned around to see Luke standing in the doorway.
She looked down sadly. "I'm not."
Luke frowned as he leaned on the frame. "Why not?"

She sighed. "Luke, you're going to be a Jedi soon. I'm just a girl with a blaster."
"They could use a great female blaster." He said to her, trying to convince her.

"I'll be going back to Tatooine for now. I need to remember what Ben would have wanted."

Luke stared at her as if he were in shock. "Mara, Ben would have wanted you to come with me, to save the galaxy!" He shouted. "I know you want that! It's the right path!"

Mara felt tears form in her eyes as she stepped closer to Luke, placing her hands on his shoulders. "Sometimes, the right path isn't the easiest one."
"But it will get better, Mara! We'll be together!"
"I want to be with you, Luke. But I have to go back." She cried.
Luke closed his eyes as Mara pressed her hand to his face, the warmth of his skin calming her slightly.

"I'll come with you, then." He said.
She shook her head. "No, Luke. You're so close to becoming a Jedi. Ben wanted that for you."
"He wanted this for you!" He argued.

Mara couldn't stop the constant tears that were running down her face. "I'm so sorry, Luke."
His eyes became moist as she pressed her lips to his cheek, rubbing his arm one last time before walking off of the Millennium Falcon.

                                     ***

C-3PO patted the top interior of R2D2 as they stood in front of the ship that was for Mara.
"Take care of yourself, R2." He said to the little droid. "And try not to bust any wires until we meet again."
R2 beeped at his friend before 3PO walked up the ramp of the ship.

Mara didn't want to let go as she bugged Leia tightly.
"I wish you would stay." Leia whispered to her friend.
"This isn't a goodbye." Mara promised.

Pulling away, she looked at Han as he and Chewbacca stood.
"Take care of yourself, Blondie." Han said to her.
Mara smiled. "Try not to kill Leia with your sarcasm, alright?"
He smiled as she reached up to hug the Smuggler, pulling away as he rubbed her back in comfort.
"Chewie, if Han gets on yours and Leia's nerves, promise me you'll get ahold of me and I'll put him in check."

She laughed quietly as the Wookiee wrapped his arms around her, lifting her to hug her tightly. She pressed her hand to his face and itched his favorite spot before turning to the last standing person.

Luke stood with his arms behind his back, his hands folded. Mara stepped towards him, and she felt tears forming once again.

"Promise me, that you'll return." He whispered as she pressed her hand to his cheek.
"I'll miss you the most." She began. "I promise."
She placed a kiss to his cheek once more, and walked towards the ship. When she walked up the ramp, she turned to the four that stood, waving at them.

"We're taking off, 3PO." Mara said as she sat in her seat.
"I can't wait to see Tatooine!"
She smiled as the droid sat down excitedly, and she put the ship on auto, sitting back as she waited to arrive to Tatooine.

Yaaaaay The Empire Strikes Back is next :-))