16 | Yoda

Mara felt herself stiffen as they sat crouched in the small creatures home. Luke looked at her as Yoda spoke to himself a few feet away.

"I hope he isn't lying about this." Luke muttered.
Mara shrugged. "Maybe he knows Yoda personally."

Luke looked at the creature as he set a pot of stew down. "Look, I'm sure it's delicious, but I don't understand why we can't see Yoda now." He complained.
"Patience!"
"Eat!" He said as he continued to laugh. Luke ducked down next to Mara, tasting the food.
It tasted better than both of them thought.
"How far away is Yoda? Will it take us long to get there?" He asked.
"Yoda not far. Patience, soon you will be with him."

Mara looked at Luke. "He's being helpful."
He sighed.

"Why you wish to become Jedi? Hmm?"

"Mostly because of my father, I guess." He admitted as he and Mara continued to eat.
"Ah, father. Powerful Jedi was he."
Luke looked at Yoda as Mara's eyebrows furrowed. "Come on, how would you know my father, you don't even know who I am."

Luke grew angry. "I don't even know what I'm doing here - we're wasting time!" He shouted, Mara frowning as he hugged his knees to lean from the low ceiling.

Yoda turned away and closed his eyes. "I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

"He will learn patience." Ben Kenobi told him.

Mara felt her heart tear in her chest as Ben's voice rang through her head. Luke looked at the creature in shock.

"Much anger in him, like his father."

"Was I any different, when you taught me?" Ben asked him.

Yoda grumbled lowly before turning back to the boy.

"He is not ready."
"Yoda." Luke whispered as he stared at him.
"I am ready! Ben - I-I can be a Jedi! Ben tell him I'm -"
Luke was interrupted as he hit his head on the low ceiling, causing him to press his hand to his head in pain.
"Ready are you?" Yoda asked. "For 800 years have I trained Jedi."
"He is too old, to train."
"But I've learned so much," he begged. "I won't fail you... I'm not afraid."

Yoda stared at the boy as he hummed to himself, amused.
"You will be." He said to him. "You will be."

***

Mara laid on the blanket that had been packed into the box as she stared up at the sky of Dagobah. It wasn't much of a view, only fog, and swampy trees.

She couldn't help but think of Ben, and how she had heard his voice. She missed it so much, when she heard it, it was as if she hadn't heard it in decades; centuries.

"I miss you, Ben." She whispered.

"I'm always with you, Mara." The voice said, causing Mara to stiffen as tears formed in her eyes. "The Force is strong in you."

Luke ran across the swampy land, grabbing the vines around him as he swung across the water. Yoda clung to his back as he climbed up the vine, and flipped down.

"Yes, good." Yoda said as Luke continued.

Sweat plastered over Luke's skin as he stopped, helping Yoda onto his feet. He sat down on a rock, wiping his forehead.

"A Jedi's strength, flows from the Force."

As Luke stopped in front of a pathway to the dark pit below him, he felt an odd presence.
"Your weapon." Yoda said. "You will not need them."
Luke didn't listen as he continued to walk farther downward, into the darkness.

Fear, Anger, and Hate surrounded him as he examined the scene. He froze once he came face-to-face with Darth Vader, holding his lightsaber.

Luke drew his, and quickly hit his against the Sith's. Fear erupted through him as he thought of his own fear.

As Luke's lightsaber swung, he watched as the head of Vader fell to the ground, the wires in the helmet sparking until it showed the person's face.

Himself.