25 | Going Back

As Luke looked around for Mara before heading to Dagobah, he walked through the Falcon, seeing her by herself.

Mara stood with a thing of clothes in her hand, still dressed in the slave outfit. "I was about to get changed."
Luke slid the door shut before leaning against the wall.
"You were good out there today." She said to him.
"I had to save you all."
"You happen to do that a lot."

He leaned forward, pressing his lips to hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck, the kiss deepening.

"Luke, where are you?" Han shouted from the cockpit. "Your X-Wing is here!"
Mara pulled away, and Luke sighed.
"Are you going to Dagobah?" She asked him.
"I haven't finished my training. I have to go back." He explained.

She placed her hand to his face. "Be careful."
He kissed her once more before running through the Falcon, and down the ramp.

"See you soon, Kid." Han said as he hugged his best friend. "Thanks for everything."
Luke smiled. "I'll see you soon."

  ***

Luke relaxed as he drifted through the Galaxy, making his way towards the Dagobah System.

A frown increased over his features as he sensed the weakness in Master Yoda. Was he hurt?
As he quickly arrived to Dagobah, he crawled into the small home of the Jedi. He could hear Yoda whimpering and humming as he moved around slowly.
Luke stared slowly as Yoda watched the flames of the small fire before him.

"That face you make. Look I so old to young eyes?"
Luke shook his head quickly. "No, of course not."
Yoda laughed suddenly. "Yes I do! Sick I have become. Old and weak. When 900 years you reach, look as good you will not. Hm?" Luke frowned as he made his way towards his bed. "Soon, I will rest. Yes, forever sleep. Earned it, I have."

Luke watched as he laid down. "Master Yoda, you can't die."
"Strong am I with the Force.. But not that strong. Twilight is upon me and soon, night must fall. That is the way of things. The way of the Force."
"But I need your help, I've come back to complete the training."
"No more training do you require. Already know that which you need."
"Then I am a Jedi?" Luke asked confusedly.

Yoda shook his head. "Oh, no. Not yet. One thing remains: Vader. You must confront Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi will you be. And confront him you will."
Luke swallowed.
"Master Yoda. Is Darth Vader my Father?"
Yoda's weak eyes opened and he looked at the boy. "Rest I need, yes.. Rest."

Luke sighed as he stalled, pulling his blanket up. Luke helped him, and sat back.
"Yoda, I must know." Luke begged.
Yoda grumbled quietly. "Your Father, he is."
Luke blinked a few times as he looked at the creature. "Told you, did he?"
"Yes." Luke answered.
Yoda closed his eyes. "Unexpected this is, and unfortunate."
"Unfortunate that I know the truth?" Luke asked.
"No. Unfortunate that you rushed to face him.. That incomplete was your training. Not ready for the Burden, were you."

Luke looked down at his folded hands. He is my Father.

"Well, I'm sorry."

Yoda looked at him. "Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware, anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."
Luke leaned closer as Yoda motioned for him weakly.

"Luke.. Luke.. Do not.. Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor, or suffer your father's fate, you will, Luke. When gone am I -"
Yoda stopped as he choked on a rough cough, and Luke knew it was a matter of time.

"The last of the Jedi, will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke.."
Luke swallowed as he blinked away the forming tears.
"There is.. Another Sky..Skywalker."

Luke watched as the interrupt struck through the Force, and Yoda disappeared before him.

***

Luke walked towards his X-Wing as R2 beeped.
"I can't do it, Artoo." He said. "I can't go on alone."
"Yoda will always be with you." Ben said to Luke. 
"I can't kill my own father." Luke told the ghost.
"Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope."

Luke looked at him. "Yoda spoke of another."
"The other he spoke of is your twin sister."
"But I don't have a sister." He thought confused.
"To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did. If Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the reason your sister remains safely anonymous."

Luke's eyes widened. "Leia! Leia's my sister!"
"Your insight serves you well, bury your feelings deep down, Luke. They do you credit."

"You must face Darth Vader." He said final, standing up.

Luke was left alone as he stared off, watching Ben's ghost disappear.