28 | Finding Leia

Leia lay unconsciously in the soft bush of Endor when she felt a soft nudging in her side. She shot up, and watched as a small creature jolted backward.
"Cut it out!" Leia shouted. The creature shrieked, and jumped backward.

"Come here, I won't hurt you." She promised.
The creature neared her hesitantly, and she held out a piece of her food. "Do you want a snack?"

He sniffed it before taking it, and sitting down beside her to eat it. Leia sighed and pulled off her helmet, and the creature screeched.

"It's a helmet; look."

Huffing, the creature finished its food.

The two were jolted into reality as a large blast was aimed towards them. When they looked around to see where it had came from, another one blared through the forest.

"Come on, we have to get out of here." Leia said.

She helped the Ewok down from the tree, and held his hand as he lead the way.

                                       ***

Mara, Luke, Han, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2 walked through the forest in search for Leia. Mara looked around as they walked, listening to 3PO and R2's conversation.

Chewbacca on the other hand, flared his nostrils as he smelled out something. He turned around before heading towards the scent, and he discovered a dead animal.

"What is it, Chewie?" Han asked as they followed the Wookiee.
He moaned, and Luke sighed.

"Just a dead -"

Chewbacca had already tried pulling at it, and Luke's eyes widened. "Chewbacca, no!"

As he pulled at the carcass, a netting rose from the ground. Mara stifled a gasp as all of them were thrown into the air.

"Nice work." Han snapped at the growling Wookiee.

She lifted her head as they hung, realizing she had been on top of Luke. She placed her hands against his chest as she flushed red.

"Sorry." She said, trying to move, but it was impossible. R2 was right behind her, and she was left to straddle Luke.

"It's okay," he breathed out.
"Great, Chewie. Great. Always thinking with your stomach."
"Han, can you reach my lightsaber?"
"Sure." He mumbled, his hands reaching out for the silver hilt.

Mara shifted as the net moved, and she grew closer to Luke. If she wasn't so squished, she'd probably be enjoying it.

Alright, she was.

R2 didn't waste any time by using his small saw, and it ripped through the net. Everyone screamed as they fell out, and hit the ground.

Sitting up, their eyes widened as small creatures appeared; surrounding them.

Mara moved closer to Luke and Han. "What are those?"

"Ewoks." Luke whispered.
Han began to stand, and one lifted a spear.
"Hey," he said as he pushed it away. "Point that thing some place else."
"Hey!" He said, Luke grabbing his arm. "Han, don't."

"Oh my goodness!" C-3PO said. He began to speak a foreign language, and Luke creased his brow.
"You can understand them?" He asked.
"Well of course, Master Luke. Remember that I am fluent in over 6million forms of -"
"What are you telling them?" Han interrupted.

"Hello, I think. I do believe they think I am some God."
Luke smirked faintly as R2 beeped, and Chewbacca moaned.

"Well why don't you use your divine influence, and get us out of this." Han said.
"I beg your pardon General Solo but that wouldn't be proper."

Luke and Mara smiled as Han looked at him angrily. "Proper?"
"It's against my programming to impersonate."

Luke couldn't help but cover his mouth as he and Mara laughed.
"Why you -"

Luke and Mara grabbed Han's arms as he tried to attack the droid, and he shouted.

The Ewoks aimed their spears at the three now, and Mara swallowed.

"Good going, Han."