21 | Leia

"Leia, hear me."

Leia froze as the voice rang through her head multiple times. "Luke."

Mara looked over at the Princess as she turned from the cockpit. "What?"
"We've got to go back." Leia said as she stood.
"What?" Lando asked.
"I know where Luke is!"
"What about all of those Fighters?" Lando argued as Chewbacca roared.
"Chewie, just do it!"

As Lando stood, Chewbacca growled at him, and he held his hands up in surrender. Mara grabbed the collar of Lando's cape, pushing him back into his seat as she walked towards Leia.

As the Falcon turned around, Mara looked down at Leia. "You heard him."
Leia nodded.
Mara nodded to herself sadly as she seated.

Maybe they have some connection, Mars thought. One that Luke and her don't have.

Lando was the first to spot a figure hanging from the Weather Vane. "Look, someone's up there."
Leia looked at Chewbacca. "Chewie, slow down! Get under him. Lando get him at the top hatch."

Mara followed Lando as they ran through the Falcon, and towards the ceiling hatch. As it opened, the wind blew past them as Lando stood towards Luke, helping him down, and into the Falcon securely.

"Let's go!" Lando yelled.

As Luke spotted Mara, she ran towards him and wrapped her arms around him tightly. She quickly wrapped a blanket around him, and examining his face.

"You are so valiant." She whispered as she leaned down in front of him.
She pressed her hand to his face before kissing his forehead, and hurrying back to the cockpit.

As Luke began to calm, he looked forward.
"Ben. Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, hoping he would hear it through the Force.

                                   ***

Mara ran towards the cockpit as Leia struggled to fly the Falcon. She leaned down and pressed a red button, allowing Leia to calm.

As Luke appeared, he held the blanket around him as he sat down.
Mara knelt down next to him. "We'll be back to the MedBay soon. You should rest until then." She said.
He shook his head. "I'm alright."

She looked up at Luke and placed her hands on his arms. "I thought I lost you back there."
"I'm right here." He said, smiling faintly.
Mara leaned forward, pressing her lips to his.

She walked back to the cockpit as Chewie moaned.
"Everyone buckle up. Chewie, go ahead and put us in Hyperspace."

Mara sat down next to Luke as the Wookiee proceeded to his work, and the blue tunnel appeared as the ship took off.

Arriving to the MedBay, Luke sat as the Medical Droid attended to his new, human-like prosthetic hand. He pressed a needle into it's fingertips, watching the metal slides move correctly as Luke reacted.

Luke looked over at Mara who stood before the long window, staring out over the galaxy.
He stood from the Med seat, walking towards her. She looked up at him as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"We'll have to find a way to rescue Han." She mentioned.
"I know." He said, inhaling as he looked out over the galaxy.
She looked up at him again. "Luke."
"Hm?" He asked, meeting her gaze.

She sighed as she turned to face him completely. "I realized, after looking back on all of the things you've done to save us.. That, I want to be with you until my last breath."
Luke stared at her as she placed her hands to the boys chest.

"I love you, Luke Skywalker." She whispered. "I have since the day I met you."
Luke felt a smile curve his lips upward as Mara did the same.
"I love you, too."
She grabbed Luke's face softly, and pressed her lips to his. He placed his hands on her waist, wrapping his arms around her afterwards into a tight hug.

As they pulled away, he kept one arm around her as they both looked out over space, wondering what was going to be next for them.

Happy 4th of July everyone!! :) Here's the last chapter and the next chapter is the opening to ROTJ ! <3