27 | Endor

Darth Vader found himself kneeling before his Master as he sat in a dark chair, which allowed him to see the large Moon of Endor out the window.

"What is thy bidding, my Master?" Vader asked.
"Send the fleet to the far side of Endor. There it will stay until called for."
"What of the reports of the Rebel fleet massing near Sullust?"

The Emperor could hear the sudden agitation in Vader's voice, only to feel a quick and faint wave of fear through the Sith Lord.

"It is of no concern." He answered. "Soon the Rebellion will be crushed, and young Skywalker will be one of us! Your work here is finished, my friend. Go out to the Command Ship and await my orders."
"Yes, my Master."
With one last bow, Vader turned and left the throne room as told.

                                     ***

Luke stared out the window of the cockpit as Han flew through, eyeing the large ship just ahead.
"Luke?" Mara asked, catching his stare on the ship.
"Vader is on that ship." Luke said suddenly. He sat back in his seat, and Mara rested her hand on his knee.
"Don't get jittery, kid." Han said. "It's your imagination."

As the ship landed on Endor, the five walked through the forests; each of them dressed in green camouflaged gear.
Luke grabbed Mara's arm to stop walking as Scout Troopers filled the area near them. Han grabbed Leia, and Chewie growled quietly.

"Stay here." Han said. "Chewie and I got this."
"Quiet, there might be more of them out there."
Han grinned. "Hey, it's me."
As the two disappeared, Mara sighed. "Another reason we're dead."
Leia snorted.

As Han snuck up behind the trooper, he tapped his shoulder enough to get his attention. He ran the other way as he turned, and he spotted the Smuggler.
"Go for help! Go!"
As the second Trooper reached his speeder bike, Chewie quickly held his cast bow, and struck the trooper. As he crashed into a nearby tree, Luke nodded. "Great, come on."

Leia, Mara and Luke headed through the bushes, she could see two Scout Troopers sitting on their speeder bikes, two left empty.
"There's more." Leia whispered.
"I see them, wait - Leia!" Luke yelled as she darted towards a remaining Bike. He and Mara ran towards the last Speeder Bike as she sped off after the others, and followed.

Mara drove the Speeder Bike as Luke's arms wound around her, and she tried to catch up to the three. She dodged blasts from their rifles, and caught up to Leia's speeder bike.

"Keep going!" Luke demanded as he jumped Speeders. He landed behind Leia, and focused on getting even with the Troopers.

Mara lifted her blaster from her holster, and aimed it at the trooper she had been behind. One shot through the back, caused the trooper to wreck into a large tree, the speeder bike exploding.

She felt her heart race as she continued to follow Luke and Leia, who were beginning to fight off the last remaining trooper. As the sides of the bikes scraped against each other, Luke leaped swiftly to the bike, and pushed off the trooper.

As Leia increased her speed, she was nowhere in sight. Luke jumped from his bike to Mara's, allowing his to explode into the trees.
"Do you see her?" Luke yelled.
"No!" She answered.
Luke's eyes widened as a large explosion ahead caught his attention. "Jump!"

Mara did as told, her and Luke flying through the air, tumbling into the brush on the ground. She landed on top of Luke, who looked up at her.

As they regrouped with Han and Chewie, they breathed heavily. Han looked around them, raising a brow at the two. "Where's Leia?"
Luke glanced at him. "She didn't come back?"
"I thought she was with you two?" He shouted.
"She was!" Mara said. "We got separated."
Luke sighed. "We better go look for her."

Han turned to the Rebel Officer. "Take the squad ahead. We'll meet at the shield generator at 0300."

As they all started, Luke stopped and turned towards the droids. "Come on, Artoo. We'll need your scanners."

As the droid beeped in affirmative, they all began through the forests of Endor.