13 | Return

Luke's body was placed inside of a tank as his body temperature ranked to normal. Once he was conscious, they lifted him out of the Bacta, and dressed him quickly.

Mara stepped off of the ship as C-3PO followed, hugging herself as she tightened the jacket around her. She hated the cold, nor was she used to it.

She walked through the snow as they came upon the base, heading into the small building. She let out a breath as she let go of herself, walking faster.

A familiar beep caused C-3PO to turn.
"Oh, R2D2! How lovely to see you!" He said as the droid beeped excitedly.

Mara left the two to catch up as she turned hallways, seeing Leia with her back to her.
Once Leia turned around, her eyes widened.
"Mara?"
Mara smiled as Leia quickly ran towards her, hugging her tightly.
"I'm so glad you're here." She sighed.
"Luke had an incident."

Mara cocked a brow. "What do you mean incident?"
"He was out in that weather when a Wampa jumped him." She explained. "He's here now, if you want to see him."
Mara grew anxious as Leia and her began to walk down the hallways.

"How was Tatooine?" Leia asked me.
"The same. It's a lot more lonely without Ben around." She explained.
Leia stopped walking and grabbed Mara's hands. "You know, that all of us here, are family. We may not be blood, but our loyalty stands stronger than anything."

Mara smiled. "I did miss your positivity, Princess."

As Leia walked into Luke's room, Han turned to her and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Well your Worship, you got me to stick around for a while." Han said.
"I had nothing to do with it." Leia argued.
"I think you just can't bear to let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight."
"I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain." Leia said to him.

Chewbacca huffed a laugh, causing Han to look up at the Wookiee.
"Laugh it up, fuzzball."

"But you didn't see us alone in the South Passage." He said as he walked towards Leia, grabbing her shoulders.
Leia pushed him away. "My - why you stuck up, half witted - scruffy looking.. Nerf-Herder!" She shouted.

Han turned and looked at her with shocked eyes. "Who's scruffy looking?"
He leaned down next to Luke who was trying not to laugh. "I must have hit close to the mark to get her all ruled up like that, Huh Kid?"

"Well I guess you don't know anything about women yet."
Leia walked towards Luke, grabbed his face, and pressed her lips to his. Han stared, frozen, and Mara looked into the room as she pulled away.

"I guess a lot does happen when you're gone." She suddenly spoke.
All of their eyes met hers, and Leia smirked.
"By the way, Mara is back."

Han and Chewie followed Leia angrily out of the room, leaving Luke and Mara.

Mara examined Luke's scarred face as he looked at her.
"You took quite a spill." She said as she reached for the wet rag on the nearby table.
"When did you get back?" Luke asked her as she knelt down in front of him.
"Just now." She answered. "I wanted to come see you... And I'm glad I did." She said, addressing to the wounds on his face.

She pressed the warm rag to his face, and he blinked at the pressure. His eyes focused on Mara's, and his feelings for her were floating back.

"It didn't feel right to be away from you." Luke said to her. "And for you to be right here in front of me, it's the best feeling I've had in a while."

Mara felt her heart skip a beat as Luke placed his hands on her hips, pulling her to sit on his lap. "And you let your hair grow out."
"I thought I'd try something different." She said as their noses brushed. Being away from Luke for three years, the way they kissed each other wasn't foreign to Mara, but she missed it.

She closed her eyes as her lips pressed to his, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.
"You aren't going back, right?" He asked her.

She pulled back enough to see his face, her fingers tangled in his hair.

"I'm staying right here with you."