Chapter 12

As I walked through the door to Mr.Farris' room the first thing that caught my eye was the enormous amount of desks and the people that occupied them. The room is about the size of two of the class rooms back at my old school. Of course every seat seemed to be taken, except of course the one closest to the teachers desk on the other side of Maggi.

I trudged across the wide room with the feeling of a thousand eyes on me. I had no idea that we were this late to class. Everyone was silent, which had to be the most frightening thing.

Maggi smiled when I sat down but didn't say a word. She scribbled in her note book then passed it to me.

'Emma said that the teacher doesn't like us talking unless he gives us permission'

'Did she say anything else?'

I passed the book back and took the time to look around the room. It's walls are completely barren, all except for two portraits hung on the back wall. One was of a nice looking man looking no older than his late twenties, with light brown hair and green piercing eyes; which almost seemed to stare directly at you. Then the other was of an older man with pitch black hair and- oddly enough red demon like eyes.

I snapped my focus away from the wall and back on Maggs as she tapped lightly on my desk. The notebook slid in from of me, and I could hear her muffled laughing.

'Yeah... Don't be the one to sit in front of him.'

Well isn't that just perfect.

I told Phil that I would stay safe, but at the moment right now I don't really feel safe at all.

I looked up from the desk as a huge thunder like sound erupted from across the room.

There he stood at the entrance, Mr. Farris. Blond hair, dark cold brown almost black eyes, about 6'1, in a nice suit, and he was starring directly at me. Or so I thought. I couldn't be quite sure but I was completely terrified. It was like he emitted some sort of dark energy that made you feel scared just being in presence.

"Get out your history books and turn to chapter 4," he spoke smoothly which surprised me given his outward appearance.

I took out my book and searched for the page. It's a chapter on a man named Eric Crain.

"I want you to wright down who he was, why he was important, hat his gift was, how he died, and what you think of him," as he spoke he started to write the words on the chalk board and stayed silent for the remaining part of class.

It was strange but I'm not going to complain.

Eric Crain was born a vampire in the 1800's. He grew up and became the first ever vampire to obtain the gift of power duplication.

I'm guessing it wasn't a coincident that we began today's chapter the same time as I started the class.

Crain was killed in 1982 by a vampire of the name, Alec, also known as 'Dark Mist'.

This isn't by accident; me coming across this information. There has to be a reason.

Alec is a vampire that has the control over the shadow realm. The black mist can also be a form of teleportation between the realms. So he's the reason why Phil is completely terrified of Xavier. It says that he's the only vampire known with the gift of shadow mist.

I think I'll stop by the library and pick up a book about this Alec, and understand his history a little bit better. Oh and maybe a book on the shadow realm. I had no idea that there were more than just our realm.

All of this reminds me, I Maggi hasn't told me about her gift. And at this point I'm not even sure if she has one. We haven't really talked at all.

As the class cleared out the door I checked my schedule and began towards my next class, Healing and Health- D. Erin.

Her class was down another hall, and the hall looked familiar to me. Maybe it's a path we took to get to Allana's office.

I glanced down at the sheet and back up again making sure it was the right room. Compared to the last class this room was almost empty. I looked around to see if I noticed anyone I actually knew in this place. Something caught my attention very quickly.

The boy with the shape shifting was sitting in the back with two other guys. Across from them was a few of other students from my school, Zoe's brother Joe, and his friend's Caspar and Oli.

It seemed to be a room full of guys except for two girls standing at the front of the class. One of them I recognized; Tanya, she go- went to a school not far from our old one.

I took a seat next to one of- I think his name was Connor? I took a seat next to his friend with the glasses and pastel blue hair.

When I approached all talking seemed to stop all at once. The guy beside Connor spoke first.

"You must be new? I'm Troye-"

"Haven't I seen you before?" Connor asked looking at me strangely. I don't see how, I mean I was invisible the first time I saw him.

"Hello, I was talkin-" I glanced towards the boy trying to talk, he looked frustrated and I don't blame him.

"Yeah, he was the kid Luna was looking for the other day at lunch," the guy beside me stated.

"Oh yeah, what's you're name?" Connor asked not even acknowledging his friend who was desperate to be heard.

"Dan," I smiled slightly. I'm not really use to being talked to recently. It's mostly just been Phil and I unless you count going to the dinning hall to eat.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Tyler, and this is Troye," the guy beside me replied holding his hand out. I shook it along with the other two hands that followed.

"Okay, class has started!" A bit startled I turned towards the front of the class. The girl from before was writing on the chalk board, then stood completely still for a few moments as everyone read the words.

"This is our teacher?" I asked quietly, taking down the notes, or I assumed, as I watched the others.

"Yeah don't be fooled by her looks, she's pretty old," Tyler told me. She looks really young, like our age young, or maybe even younger.

And then it hit me.

In my whole- existence, I'll never look any different than I do know. I'll never look older. You'd think that I would have realized this before. The thought of dying was all that consumed me. And no one else here in my class cares yet.

"Mr. Howell?" Mrs. Erin asked staring at me.

"Miss?"

"I heard you can duplicate?"

"Yes ma'am," and in that moment I became the one everyone around me envied.

"Have you been to training yet?" She asked walking over to my table.

"No, I have it fourth," I replied while everyone watched.

"What's you're current gift at the moment?"

"Tactical telepathy," I replied nervously.

"Would you like to learn healing today instead?" She smiled reassuring me it was okay.

I thought for a moment. I can always change it back later there's no problem in that, although I am just getting used to it. I'm sure I have no choice anyway.

"Sure."