Chapter 3

I wake up and put on an orange Camp Half-Blood T-shirt I got, some jeans, and tennis shoes. I fix my hair in a braid and put on a beanie. Then I go with my cabin to breakfast. I glance over at the Hephaestus cabin. I don't know what it is about Leo but I seem like I can tell him anything. Like I can trust him with anything. And I think his insecure and weird side is cute.

"Are you going to training today?" Will Solace asks.

"No, I'm gonna just get used to things. I will in a few days."

"I understand."

After breakfast, I go back to my cabin and I pick up a guitar from the corner and start to play it. After a few minutes, Leo walks in. "Hey."

"Hey, Leo."

"I saw you checking me out this morning."

I giggle. "Yeah, of course. Who wouldn't?"

"Every girl here. You're the crazy one that actually likes me." He sits next to me on my bed. "Oh yeah, that's right. You're an Apollo kid. Are you musical?"

"I sing and play instruments. Sometimes I write songs and mostly the ones I sing are what I feel. I sing the truth."

"Okay, let's hear it." He turns to me. I stare at him, confused.

"What? Why do you care?"

"Because best friends are supposed to know what each other can do."

"Well, what can you do?"

"You'll find out later. Now sing." He says. I roll my eyes and start to play the guitar. I sing "Make It Rain" by Colbie Caillat. She's my inspiration. I get up and start to walk around while I sing and play. I look at the flower Leo gave me yesterday next to my pillow and then at Leo. He was going to kill me with his smile. When I'm done, he cheers. "That was great!"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks." I smile and put it down. I sit next to him and laugh.

"What?"

"I just feel so comfortable around you." I look at him as he smiles. "So, what can you do, dude?"

"I'm the fire guy." He shows me how he can create fire in his hand. I stare at him in amazement. "Go ahead and call me a freak."

"A freak? That's awesome!" I stare at him, smiling. The fire gets bigger and he notices and stops it. His face gets red and then he looks at the flower next to my pillow and smiles, returning back to normal.

"You slept with it."

"Next to it."

"Why?"

"You got chased by the Demeter cabin getting that for me. It was sweet." I smile at him. He smiles at me. "And I like flowers."

"I'm trying to impress you. You're Sunny Winter Shay. The beautiful, musical Apollo kid. And I'm just the Hephaestus kid with gears and tools."

"You're the handsome, talented Hephaestus kid. Don't down yourself, Leo. I think you're amazing." He looks at me and smiles. My heart skips a beat. We talk and laugh and just hang out for a long time. "FireBoy, can you hand me my flower?" I was laying on one side of the bed and he was on the other side, closest to my flower. He hands it to me and I smile. "Thanks."

We both sit up and I twirl it in my hand. "Don't you think you're out of my league?" He asks

"Shut up now, FireBoy. Out of your league? Come on, why would you think that?"