Chapter 17

I wake up next to Leo. I am definitely sore. He squeezes my hand. "You're up?"

"How'd you know?"

"You stopped snoring."

"I do not snore." I laugh, opening my eyes. I stand up and stretch even if it did hurt. He smiles at me and gets up too.

"No, you don't. You just squeeze my hand when you wake up." He grins and takes my hand as we walk out. We go out of the forest and he walks me to my cabin. "I'll be back when I get ready." He leaves and I start to get ready. I put on a Camp Half-Blood T-shirt, black shorts, and flip flops.

I put my hair in a braid and put on a beanie. I put on my bracelet, charm necklace, and Leo's necklace. Leo comes in and walks with me and my cabin to breakfast. He kisses me before going over to his own table. Will smiles at me. "I guess you went with Leo yesterday to some place."

"Yeah. We went to McDonald's and came back after a little while." I slowly hid my arms that were marked with red streaks and scratches.

He stares at me for a second. "That's it? You were gone all day at McDonald's?"

"Yeah." I say. He puts his hand on my shoulder and is about to say something but I wince which makes him completely stop.

"What happened yesterday, Sunny? Did-"

"It's not what you think. Leo didn't do anything to me. We went to McDonald's and a Roman demigod was there. He had a grudge with Leo and we all fought. But I'm okay."

"Please don't train today. If I can't even touch your shoulder, you shouldn't be training today. Just rest. Leo can even do it too. If he's as hurt as you, it'd be a good idea."

"But-"

"Sunny, you're not training." He laughs but I could tell he was serious. I nod and sigh. So, after breakfast, Will made sure Leo and I went to rest. We decided on the amphitheater. It was quieter and we could talk alone and it was comfortable while laying down.

Leo and I lay down and he holds my hand. "I'm really sorry about yesterday." He says.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too."

"You shouldn't be sorry." He squeezes my hand.

"You shouldn't either." I stare at him. He's about to protest when somebody comes out. They don't see us because we're kind of hidden but we could hear them and see them.

It was Jackson from Ares and Christian from Hermes. Jackson was almost yelling. "I heard that she went out with him again! She shouldn't be hanging out with him after the first time! She deserves someone like me."

"Or me! But, I know! Valdez doesn't deserve her at all." They started fighting but then Christian threw his sword. "It just makes me so mad! Come on let's see if we can go find Sunny." They run off.

Leo puts his hands over his eyes and wipes them. "Are you okay?" I ask him, wiping away a tear before it could get very far.

He sits up and we start walking away from the amphitheater. "It's true. I don't deserve you."

I wanted what I was going to tell him to mean something. Not the same old 'You deserve me. I love you.' So, I tried to think. And then I gave up so I decided on something that would stick in his mind. I slapped him. "If you ever say that again, I will slap you again. You do too deserve me and I don't want you thinking anything different! Say it right now."

He rubs his face. "No, because-" I raise my hand so he stops. "I deserve you."

I nod and then I hug him. "I'm so sorry. I didn't want to slap you but-" I'm rambling on so he shuts me up when he kisses me. I kiss back.