Chapter 35

I wake up and look around. My cabin was gone like usual. I sigh and go to get ready. I put on a black tank top with a red plaid button-up shirt over it but I leave it unbuttoned. I put on ripped jeans and braid my hair, putting on a black beanie. I look at myself in the mirror.

Here I am. This is who I am. I know who I am. When I lost my memory, I didn't have any idea who my family was or where I was from. I wanted to get my memories back but I didn't know what I was missing so I didn't really have a reason to feel bad about being away from home. Now, I remember everything. My mom, life back in Texas, my old memories with Cam in the house I grew up in. I feel sad thinking about it. Was I really going to stay here forever? Or at least until I can handle being a demigod in the real world without protection?

I sigh again, walking out and going to breakfast. I sit down with Nico and he immediately notices that there's something wrong. "Hey, you okay?"

I shake my head. I can't lie to him. "I miss home."

"But this is your home.."

"Nico, I mean my Texas home.." I lay my head on my arms and close my eyes briefly. "It's where I grew up.. it reminds me of my mom.. I can't let it go."

He scoots over to me and hugs me quickly. "Hey, you can go visit it!"

I smile slightly. "I guess you're right.. thanks Nico." I didn't have the heart to tell him what I actually wanted to do. I start to eat but I stay silent. Soon Nico says good-bye and Cam joins me. "Hey buddy."

"You're homesick."

"Did Nico tell you?"

"Maybe." He says, making me smile. "But it's the truth, isn't it? Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"It wasn't so bad before. I didn't have my memories so I didn't have much to miss. But now.. I don't know. I guess I want to be closer to mom."

"I get what you're saying.. the house is where you made most of your memories with your mom.. it's pretty much all that you have left." He puts his arm around my shoulder and I hug him. "So, what do you want to do about it?"

"I want to go home." I say quickly. "Not to visit like Nico suggested. I want to stay home. At least until I feel better about the situation. Maybe we can even find something of mom's and take it back here."

"Sunny.. you're not serious. You'll miss this place too much."

"Cam, you didn't really expect me to leave Texas so suddenly and not get homesick, did you?"

"No, but I thought you would settle for a visit or two. It's not like we're getting rid of the house. You can visit anytime."

"I want to go home, Cam. And I plan on telling Gram and Gramps that today.. along with the news about me getting my memory back."

"Sunny.." He says quietly, studying my face closely. "If you're serious.."

"I am." I say quickly because I could feel my heart breaking inside and I didn't want him to notice. I don't want to leave this place but I miss home so much.

"Then I'll go with you to tell them." He gives me a small smile to try to make me feel better. "When are we leaving?"

"Now if you're okay with that?"

"Yeah, sure, let's go." He holds my hand as we get up and start walking towards Half-Blood Hill. We're halfway to my grandparents' apartment when someone grabs my other hand.

"Hey girlfriend, where are you going so early in the morning?" Leo smiles at me, squeezing my hand.

"To talk to Gram and Gramps. They haven't been told about my memory yet." I grin but I felt like crying looking at his happy face. How am I going to leave him?