Chapter 7

I wake up and change into black shorts with another Camp Half-Blood T-Shirt. I put on tennis shoes. I put my hair up in a pony-tail this time. I walk out of my cabin and walk to Long Island Sound. As I'm walking, I'm joined by Piper. "I seen you get up. Hi!"

"Hey, Piper."

"Why are you out here?" She laughs.

"I don't know. I just like it out here. It's peaceful. It reminds me of the lake by my old house in Texas. My mom used to take me there all the time."

"I caught a glimpse of Candice and Emily having to clean the bathroom."

"My Gods, you're not serious."

"Yeah! I went in once and they were slipping and sliding and squealing at the nastiness." We both burst out laughing. Just the thought of that made my day. We walk up and down Long Island Sound.

After a little bit, we're actually joined by Will Solace. I didn't know what he was doing here. "I didn't know where you were. I woke up and you were gone. I was making sure you were okay."

"Yeah, I'm great. Piper's been keeping me company." I smile and then I remember something he said yesterday. "Hey, dude. What did you mean, somebody might have a crush on me here? Yesterday in our talk?"

"Oh." He turns red. "I really shouldn't be saying anything but it's.. Connor Stoll. But don't tell him I told you!" He says.

"Ooh, Connor." Piper says.

I smile and then I frown. "Wait, who's Connor?"

Will puts his hands up like he can't tell me anymore and runs back to our cabin. Piper laughs. "I'll get you to be friends with him. I know you're with Leo but you, Connor, and Travis will be good friends."

About thirty minutes before breakfast time, Piper takes me to the Hermes cabin. We haven't even reached the door yet and I see two guys that look alike with brown hair and blue eyes. I was trying to tell them apart as they came outside. "Hey Travis! Hey Connor! I was just taking Sunny around to meet some people she hasn't met yet."

One of them steps forward, he was a little taller. "Hey, I'm Travis Stoll. Son of Hermes. This is my brother Connor."

"Hey! I'm Sunny Shay. Daughter of Apollo. Actually, I have met you. Well, one of you. I think it was you, Connor, I just never got your name."

"Yeah, it was." Connor says. "I was the one joking around with you as you trained."

"Oh yeah, you're really funny." I smile. Okay, so maybe Connor is funny and cute but I'd never stop liking Leo because of him. I really like Leo. But I can tell Connor, Travis, and I will be good friends.

"You guys should hang sometime. You all like having fun, pranking, and everything. Let the fun begin!" Piper laughs. They nod and we walk off. "He definitely likes you."

I sit with my cabin at breakfast and then after breakfast I go to training. I hang out with Connor and Travis and we all become close. I don't like either one of them as more than friends but I felt like I could tell them anything now. I hang with Leo and Piper some. And Clarisse and Kelsey. And then Percy and Annabeth. Sometimes Cam will come check on me.

I'm walking to Winged Horse Flying with Travis and Connor when I hear laughing as I near. "What's funny?" Travis is confused.

"It's just Candice and Emily's group laughing at me." I roll my eyes.

"She's back for more!" Emily laughs.

I cross my arms. "Yeah. I want to race."

They all gasp. Connor and Travis stare at me. Candice just laughs. "You've never even rode and you think you can race."