Chapter 24

I wake up and sigh, dreading getting out of bed. But after laying in bed for a few more minutes, I get up and go to the bathroom. I get changed into some jeans and a Camp Half-Blood T-Shirt. Then I put on my tennis shoes with my hair braided and a beanie on.

My cabin left while I was getting a few more minutes of sleep. I run to breakfast and sit next to Will. I'm already expecting a fight with Leo. We're both angry and honestly, I don't think either of us will be very good at holding it in this morning. So, I might as well get a full stomach.

After a few minutes of me getting there, Leo left. Great. I finish eating quickly. I might as well get it over with. I get up and Will grabs my arm. "Sunny, why are you in such a rush?"

"I gotta talk to Leo."

"He can wait. Just relax. You had a very exciting day yesterday after chopping off all those dummy's heads." He laughs.

"I'm getting it done now." I say and pull my arm away from him before running away from everyone else. I run to Long Island Sound and I see Leo sitting on the beach. "Hello, Leo."

"Oh, yeah." He turns around. "Hello. We need to talk." Way to rush into things.

"Yeah, we do." I say, trying to stay calm.

"You need to stop."

"What?" I ask. "Stop what? I haven't been doing anything."

"You're scaring Hazel. You're always getting angry and you're getting so aggressive in training. The way you fought Clarisse and the way you trained with the dummies. The slicing of the heads was not necessary."

"Scaring Hazel? Did she tell you that?"

"Yeah, she did tell me that. And she also told me that she thinks you don't like her. You're just being rude to her!" He says. "Hazel has been nothing but nice since she got here."

"I've done nothing to her!" I say. "And of course, you would know. That's all you've done. Is hang out with Hazel. Talk to Hazel. Talk about Hazel. Maybe she should be your girlfriend!"

"Don't turn this around on me!" We were both shouting now.

"It's not just you that has a problem here, Leo!" I shout. "She likes you! And you like her!"

"Oh, please! You're just jealous because I'm spending time with her."

"You know what, maybe I am! But don't I have a right to be? You're my boyfriend and you're spending all your time with her. Kissing her cheek, holding her hand, sitting next to her at the café, breaking the rules to sit next to her at dinner and breakfast, talking about her nonstop.. the way you look at each other."

"What about Nico, huh Sunny?!"

"Don't you dare bring him into this! He was spending time with me because I was upset about you and Hazel!"

"Yeah right, Sunny."

"I can't believe you would think I would do that."

"Why would you think that I would?" He shouts.

"You can't tell me that you don't have some attraction to her. You like her Leo. I know you too well."

He stays silent. "She's the only one I've been able to talk to lately." He stares at me for a second before looking at the ground. "I mean, yeah I do. But-"

"Exactly, which is why I was upset! You both like each other. And I didn't want to lose you."

"But it doesn't change the fact about how you were acting!"

"I didn't do anything wrong! I was letting my anger out on the dummies so I wouldn't be depressed or anything! I'm sorry if I scared your new girlfriend." Stupid thing to say, Sunny. So very stupid.