Chapter 14

I wake up and get ready. I put on jeans, a Camp Half-Blood T-Shirt, and tennis shoes with my hair braided with a beanie on. I still didn't feel like myself. Mostly because I really don't know who I am. I look at Will and sigh. I walk out and go to Long Island Sound. I learned the name. It was just so peaceful and a place that I could think.

My mind travels to my dad being Apollo. Dad, if you're listening. I started to think without even thinking really. Why would my dad listen to me? What did I do to get that privilege? But I kept going. If you hear me. Just please, help me. I want to remember, and I know you probably can't interfere but just, please. Don't let me hurt anyone. I know I hurt people when I can't remember. I don't want to. Just please, help me. Give me something...

I knew there was no possible chance it could work so I sat there. But something happened. A voice barely in my mind. A man's voice. A smile can get you through anything. It was Apollo.

The sun was starting to come up and I smile as I feel the warmth. I had no idea what it meant but maybe my dad was helping me. He emphasized you like he said it about me. But I don't know.

Somebody sits next to me. I look at Percy and he gives me a small smile. I smile back. "I'm so sorry about yesterday, Sunny. We all are. We shouldn't have-"

"It's okay, Percy. I saw the card and I kind of listened in on your conversation with Will, Annabeth, and Piper. I know you're sorry. You were just trying to help. Like a best friend should. I'm sorry for overreacting. I hope we can be best friends again?"

"That sounds perfect." He hugs me and smiles. I know he cares. I smile back. After a little while, we walk to breakfast and my cabin is already there. I sit down and eat. Will says he's sorry too but I tell him the same thing I told Percy. Because I meant it.

Piper, Clarisse, Annabeth, Kelsey, Connor, Travis, Drew, and Cam come up to me saying sorry too and I tell them the same thing. So, I have my best friends back.

I see Leo and he's going to start training. "Leo!" I start to catch up with him.

He slows down. "Yeah?" He smiles and laughs.

"Do you want to train with me?"

"Yeah, what are we doing?"

"Training my brain."

He stares at me and then laughs. "Clever. Come on, let's go to your cabin."

We start walking to my cabin and we sit on my bed. He pulls out the necklace he gave me from my pillow case. "I found it a couple days ago."

"I guess that's where you put it when you hated me. I figured you threw it away or something."

It was awkward. I hated him? When? And why? I decide not to ask. It was awkward enough right now. "So, I was hoping you could tell me about.. me."

"You mean like what you're like?" I nod. He grins. "Well, I love this subject." He smiles this huge smile making me giggle. "You're a musical genius with an amazingly beautiful voice. You already know that you're beautiful on the outside but you're also beautiful on the inside. You're sweet, caring, nice, awesome, funny, talented, smart, and just plain amazing."

"So, I can play instruments and sing. And I'm a good person, pretty, and smart?"

"Yeah. Words can't describe how amazing you are."

"I'm not perfect." I sigh.

"Nobody's perfect. I'm not even close to perfect. Perfect doesn't exist. Perfection is overrated anyways. Don't feel bad because you aren't perfect. You're real.. and you're perfect to me, and that's all that matters."

"I'm perfect to you?" I look up at him. He nods and looks at the floor. "You're so sweet, Leo." I hug him.

"Oh, and you used to call me FireBoy." I look at him because I'm confused. He laughs. "You call me that because I'm, like, immune to fire." He shows me that he can make fire just, like, appear from his hand. "It's like a Hephaestus blessing to only some Hephaestus kids."

My eyes widen. "You are awesome, Valdez!"

He laughs and then clears his throat. He starts to talk in a deep voice. "What can I say? I am hot." I burst out laughing and he laughs too. "You used to love when I did that."

"I do. It's adorable." Most people would think his weirdness and his ability with fire would make him a freak. I just find him more attractive now.

"Most people don't like me because of what I did. And others just never liked me. I'm not what most people find as cute or anything. That's why when I had you I was so lucky. And I blew it and then you hated me. So now nobody likes me, and can you blame them? I'm a stupid freak."

I kiss his cheek. "You're perfect to me." I whisper.

He stares at me and then smiles. "The rumors will probably start that we're dating."

"Do they have to be just rumors?"

"So, are you confirming the rumors?"

"I think I just might be.. FireBoy." I smile and put my head on his shoulder. We lay next to each other on my bed. He told me stuff we did and stuff we talked about. It may not be perfect but it's all I have right now. And.. Perfection is overrated anyways.

So, 'Leo and Sunny' really isn't defected or anything. It's on and I love it. I really like Leo and I couldn't imagine why I would ever be mad at him.  He tells me about what I told him about back home. "You told me the first time you tried pizza when you were six. You ate half the pizza just by yourself."

I giggle. "I'm weird. And I like food." I laugh again.

"Yeah, but you were different. And you were okay to be different. And so many people liked you because you were different. I- I love you because you're different."

I hug him and smile. "I really wished I remember. I'm so sorry."

"Don't say you're sorry." He says, hugging me back. He kisses my cheek. "You say sorry too much. That's also another thing about you. You help everyone. And you always say sorry even when you don't need too. You told me that you helped everyone and when Cam was gone, you always just wanted someone to care about you." He looks into my eyes. "And I care."

He gets up and tells me it's dinner time. We go to dinner and then catch up afterwards. We walk to my cabin holding hands. I'm really tired. He sits down on my bed and leans against the wall. I lean against him and swing my legs on the bed. He puts his arm in mine and holds my hand.

We talk for a while but I could start to feel myself falling asleep. "Can I fall asleep on you?"

"Yeah, why?"

I yawn. "Because I'm about to." I get more comfortable, leaning on him. We were still holding hands. I look up at him and he smiles and laughs. I smile back and then close my eyes. "Thank-you, Leo. Good-night. I.. love you."

He squeezes my hand lightly and I smile. "Good-night. I love you too." And then I start to fall asleep on the greatest boyfriend ever, Leo Valdez. My amazing FireBoy.