Without Him

A tear ran down his face as he stood alone, a freshly dug hole at his feet.

Her smile brightened up the room, and my day, without fail. He thought. It'll be dark without her around.

The soft patter of dirt falling against wood momentarily distracted him as he rhythmically shoveled dirt.

"Hey, Adrian, why do you love to laugh so much?"

"Because I was often sad in my old life. Now though I can be paid in laughter! Isnt that wonderful?" She smiled, her eyes sparkling in that way they only did around him alone.

"That does sound quite nice," she said, patting her bangs in front of her face. Undertaker made a soft noise of objection however and pushed them back behind her ears.

"You have wonderful eyes my Lady, above all else, I always love to see your eyes."

"Even above laughter?"

"Even above laughter."

"You're gone now though, my Lady." He said quietly. "And you took my desire to laugh with you." More tears fell as he gently stroked your gravestone.

After that day, he would only ever smile. At times he would almost laugh, but then he would turn, as if to speak to you, but you weren't there. Then the smile would fade and disappear, gone to wherever it was that you resided.

Without him.