A Deal

With soft eyes, I watched the scene before me.

Alois was annoying Claude as usual. Ciel was frowning as usual. The servants were breaking everything as usual. Claude was stone-faced as usual. Sebastian was smirking as usual.

Everything was as usual. Everything in its place, everything in its order.

But then there was you.

You looked... lost? Stood in the ballroom, looking around like a little lost puppy as your head swivelled round until you saw me sat upon the staircase, my little blue book on my lap, and a pencil behind my ear as always. For the time being, my glasses were pushed up on the top of my head and you smiled as you walked over.

"You're not joining in?" You asked. I shook my head.

"Nope. Im waiting for this lot to start behaving so I can get a decent bleeding picture." You chuckled and sat beside me. Together we watched everyone.

"You've been here a while, havent you?" You said softly. I chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, since 2014, I've been lurking around. You'd see me here and there... but its only really recently that this lot noticed me." You smiled.

"And whos to thank that for?" I rolled my eyes but couldnt hold my smile.

"Its all thanks to you, reader-(chan/san), I know." You smiled.

"There we go." I turned to you, a smile on my face as I reached over and gave you a long overdue hug.

"But seriously," I said gently. "Thank you so, so much. Without you, I never would have made it this far, I never would have been able to sit here today and see what I do, to be able to be actually proud of my writing. For all those years, ever since I was little, I kept the stories I wrote under wraps. I wouldnt let anyone read them, not even my mother... but now, I have a lot more courage and I can be genuinly proud when I say that I've written this book... so thank you." I pulled away and smiled at you.

"Without you, all of this would be impossible." I looked down at my little blue book, full of drawings and rough ideas. "So... lets carry on, yeah? Lets keep going, keep writing chapters, and keep making people like you happy with words. Hows it sound?" You smiled and took the hand I reached towards you.

"Sounds like a deal, author-chan."